Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
"Later this week we've got some news about the stages at Roskilde Festival 2016"

Exciting news. What to expect? We already know, that Apollo will be on the camp site + the festival area in the last 4 music days.

Can we expect some kind of a new stage? A new stage design etc?
Avalon will get a new canvas so probably something about that,
Yeah just think they will give us the facts about the stuff we have heared alittle about
I've not really followed the developments but I guess today we will know.

Including Apollo into the main festival area would make sense. Hopefully they will bring Rising and Apollo (j.r.) even closer together this year. Possibly move Rising back to camp East and have an Apollo j.r. stage at the area to the right of Arena during the warm up.
B. wrote: I've not really followed the developments but I guess today we will know.

Including Apollo into the main festival area would make sense. Hopefully they will bring Rising and Apollo (j.r.) even closer together this year. Possibly move Rising back to camp East and have an Apollo j.r. stage at the area to the right of Arena during the warm up.

Or just bring back Pavillion JR. Really miss that stage. Well, the new Pyramid-Glastonbury-Jam Rising stage is better than the one in East a few years back.
A stage that turns into a gate in the music days that is probably a first.

I´m guessing its located by gate 8 judging by the row of threes behind the stage/gate, if it was located at the Apollo zone the stage will take off some space from the G camping area and disrupt traffic to and from the bridge.

Also they have talked about opening up the area in front of gate 8 already this year and this stage/gate could be it.

I have asked on Facebook to see if they can confirm my theory.
Aaaaand my theory was wrong :-)

So this new stage is effectively Apollo j.r.?
Where will it be located? Where will Apollo be placed?

Look cool though :)
I guess it will be placed a little south from last year's apollo, and then apollo will be moved up north a little bit.
Also Avalon is being changed so that it is more closed off. I personally think the previous design was pretty horrible, so I hope it adresses the issues it had.
Plebben wrote: I guess it will be placed a little south from last year's apollo, and then apollo will be moved up north a little bit.
Also Avalon is being changed so that it is more closed off. I personally think the previous design was pretty horrible, so I hope it adresses the issues it had.

Everyone I know has complained about Avalon. Lots of dead spaces inside the tent, where you couldn´t see the stage. Hopefully we´ll get Cosmopol back, although it´s smaller.
B. wrote: So this new stage is effectively Apollo j.r.?
Where will it be located? Where will Apollo be placed?

Look cool though :)

Look at the map I posted, its the 2015 map so it will look a little bit different but Countdown will be where the dot is and Apollo will be moved a little bit further north but in the same area.
According to RF´s Facebook account we will see a new Avalon with a theatre style setup.
bongo-anders wrote: According to RF´s Facebook account we will see a new Avalon with a theatre style setup.

Sounds pretty interesting. Do you think that there will be seats also or what? It was what I first thought when I read about this.
I´m hoping for a larger version of the Astoria tent because I loved that one.

Seeing Labrassbanda in that tent was awesome.
16 posts Page 1 of 2