Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Have you guys found anything new you guys really want to see?

Thanks to the official playlist I discovered Gramatik, It could turn out like a crazy party :D

Well yes as always!

I did not know any of these, but I already look forward to it a lot. They are steadily crawling up on my list:

BadBadNotGood: Jazz and hiphop! But i do hope they get some sort of rapper to join!

Bomba Estero: On orange stage. Hopefully at night when I'm not at all sober. Party!

Anderson .Paak: I like the vibe in the music, and the videos I've seen seem energetic and well played.

Blood Orange: Funky, Fluffy, Well played and horns! Unless my thursday fucks me completely (very likely currently) I'll be here.

I'm listening to Gramatik now!
jonathansoegaard wrote: Well yes as always!

I did not know any of these, but I already look forward to it a lot. They are steadily crawling up on my list:

BadBadNotGood: Jazz and hiphop! But i do hope they get some sort of rapper to join!

Bomba Estero: On orange stage. Hopefully at night when I'm not at all sober. Party!

Anderson .Paak: I like the vibe in the music, and the videos I've seen seem energetic and well played.

Blood Orange: Funky, Fluffy, Well played and horns! Unless my thursday fucks me completely (very likely currently) I'll be here.

I'm listening to Gramatik now!

I saw Blood Orange live few years a go and I can highly recommend them. Even though Dev Hynes had broken leg they throw a great gig.
Aurora
Little simz
H09909
Skepta

Are some names I did´t know before. After booked H09909 I went to a free show in Aarhus and watch them. This can be the most crazy small name show this year
Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats have made it into my want to see list. Never heard them before I checked them out on spotify last week.
I checked out Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS. I like their sound, og most important of all: I love their name.
Well this thread helps :D

I will add these to my might see list.

Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS
Aurora
Blood Orange
The PowPow! I think it sounds a lot like Oasis! Great warm up band, I think.
Some notes from the very bottom of the poster:

Emilie Ramirez sings r'n'b, but she's so damn good, that her appeal transcends the genre completely.
Khalazer plays quirky hiphop with stumbling beats and labyrinthine lyrics in Danish. Their first mixtape from 2011 is available for free on bandcamp.
Masasolo is a must for Tame Impala fans.
Ondt Blod sounds like a Norwegian language version of Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes/Gallows. Really mean HC with a lot of bite and squalling guitars.
Yast sounds a bit like Kent, if Kent was a hipster beach band. Very listenable tunes.
So far I have discovered

Blues Pills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9y9fCZGHk4
Great voice, good rock/blues. There's plenty of full concert videos on youtube.
And of course I have to support my fellow swedes.

Elle King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2qJpd1QVI
Another great voice. Sure I have heard the radio hit Ex's & Oh's. But never more than that. This song is awesome.
And a cool fact that I didn't know is that her father is Rob Schneider. The world's worst reviewed actor. :D
http://www.avclub.com/article/read-why- ... -fi-235135
Once again there are lots of new names I would´ve liked to see. (Not as many as usually though, I think)

Ana Tijoux
Anna Von Hausswolff
Blues Pills
Föllakzoid
Gaye Su Akyol
Ho99or
Hurray For The Riff-Raff
Los Piranás
Pat Thomas
Sleaford Mods

...just to name few. Probably could find more if I really dag into the programme.
The only thing I want to hear from Elle King

But Ana Tijoux is something i really wan´t to see.

Sleaford Mods
Hinds
Virgin Suicide (living abroad, I dont get to hear too many danish bands, but these guys are great)
Chinah has turned out to be a must-see for me. Other than that, I haven't gotten any new must-sees since Bring Me The Horizon. However, that's probably because Roskilde has been exceptional at booking bands that I already love this year.

If I had to make a top 10 of favorite bands, they have probably given me 4 of those with Biffy Clyro, Ghost, Kvelertak and Gojira
Will have to set a few hours aside to check out all the bands I haven,t heard before , The diversity is amazing :D. Sleep, Vassvik ,Hinds to name jut a few.
23 posts Page 1 of 2