Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
34 posts Page 1 of 3
Well as the title say. :D

The electronic genre has been overlooked this year so maybe a few electronic artists is in store.
Can we expect some "bigger" names? Maybe som subliners.

I think, when I looked at the stage predictions, that we have a few spots at Arena.
Maybe someone will be moved up to Arena from Avalon and then the new names will take their spot.

We were only promised smaller names but we have seen big'ish names amongst the small print before.
Danish rapper Pede B did a "live chat" with his fans on facebook a few days ago. There he said that there where a hiphop name to be a annoced for Roskilde that he where looking forward to. Dont know if it will be big or small, but looks like we get one more good hiphop act (I trust in Pede Bs tast)
Hope that one is D'Angelo.
Jackster1976 wrote: Hope that one is D'Angelo.

I'd say that would be lovely but extremely unlikely. They're done with headliners and he'd almost definitely headline if booked. Plus his touring schedule is devoid of concerts until October.
He's playing glastonbury, and he could be subliner, IMO. I think he's more headliner than Macklemore and Khalifa, but guess they are more popular....

Let's wait 24 hours....
I would go bat shit crazy if they announced D'angelo. Would be the top must see for me!

I don't think he's categorized as a "big act", and thus might be a possibility with the addition to Glasto. He would indeed be a(nother) very very worthy subheadliner though.

DAMN! Don't get my hopes up like that people!
Scarlet Pleasure just announced on their Instagram-profile, that they will play Orange.

Fucking hate Scarlet Pleasure, and would they even fill up Arena? Avalon?

Seems pretty weird, but well okay.. Somebody has to play at Orange..
Let them have Orange, and we can have cool acts and smaller stages :D. This year doesn't reek of fitting orange acts anyways :)
jonasporsborg wrote: Scarlet Pleasure just announced on their Instagram-profile, that they will play Orange.

Guessing that they will play a day time slot and if there is sun there will be ppl haing out, if not... there will be very few
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
jonasporsborg wrote: Scarlet Pleasure just announced on their Instagram-profile, that they will play Orange.

Guessing that they will play a day time slot and if there is sun there will be ppl haing out, if not... there will be very few

I agree – they sound like an obvious afternoon gig.
Personally, if any unlikely headliners are among the final handful of names, I'm rooting for Underworld as the big electronic act. The new album is wonderful, and they're rick smack bang in the neighbourhood.
So Friday at the orange stage could look like this

Orange

17:00: Scarlet Pleasure
19:30: Biffy Clyro or Tame Impala (who is the biggest of these 2 bands)
22:30: Neil Young + Promise Of The Real
01:00: M83
Tame Impala is a decent amount bigger it seems, and they are billed as a headliner so I assume they get Orange.
34 posts Page 1 of 3