A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Does anybody now if the trains from the festival site to Hovedbanegården CPH run all night during the festival? Thinking of maybe taking a night at a hotel in town this year...
There's a night bus from East entrance that goes every hour in the warm up and every half hour during the music days.

I strongly suggest taking that. It's cheaper (about DKK60) and it's non-stop from East to Copenhagen Central Station and then it goes to Town Hall Square for the return trip, so it's a lot less of a hassle than taking the train. i just wish there was a equivalent service during the day time.

EDIT: I just surprised you didn't know about it with that many RFs under your belt. It's been there since 1999 IIRC.
Saturnus wrote: There's a night bus from East entrance that goes every hour in the warm up and every half hour during the music days.

I strongly suggest taking that. It's cheaper (about DKK60) and it's non-stop from East to Copenhagen Central Station and then it goes to Town Hall Square for the return trip, so it's a lot less of a hassle than taking the train. i just wish there was a equivalent service during the day time.

EDIT: I just surprised you didn't know about it with that many RFs under your belt. It's been there since 1999 IIRC.

Thank you! I have never left the camping during the night before, so it has not been relevant :)
Fair point. Since I learned about the service I try to do as much of my travelling to and from the festival using the night bus as possible because when you live in central Copenhagen it is just so much easier and hassle free.
I´m curious to see how it works out with 2 out of 4 tracks closed between Roskilde and Høje Taastrup for maintenance.

For the night trains back to Copenhagen there will be no problems but I´m guessing the trains from Copenhagen to Roskilde will more jam packed than usual.
Saturnus wrote: Fair point. Since I learned about the service I try to do as much of my travelling to and from the festival using the night bus as possible because when you live in central Copenhagen it is just so much easier and hassle free.

That I can understand. My decision is a result of last years fiasco where I just broke down and left the festival on saturday (hence missing out Paul Mccartney etc). So this year I am taking a hotel break one night to avoid that happening again. Seems like age is catching up with me. On saturday there is really nothing I want to see before a date at Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (never heard them before) at 17, so guess going in after the concerts on friday is optimal.
The night bus is 80 kroner this year.
Hi!
I guess i can get the informaiton i want searching the internet buy maybe some of you kind soul can give it to me right away.
My group of people are going to the Guns n Roses concert on the 27th. We are arriving at Roskilde the same morning, packing up our tents, drink some beers and get settled. Then travel to Copenhagen in the afternoon and back to Roskilde at night.

My question. Which is the best way to get to Parken? What tickets is the best to get, train or bus? Are trains going all night? Is it long from the station in Copenhagen to Parken?

If anyone can explain this to me i would be really grateful.
gixbit1 wrote: Hi!
I guess i can get the informaiton i want searching the internet buy maybe some of you kind soul can give it to me right away.
My group of people are going to the Guns n Roses concert on the 27th. We are arriving at Roskilde the same morning, packing up our tents, drink some beers and get settled. Then travel to Copenhagen in the afternoon and back to Roskilde at night.

My question. Which is the best way to get to Parken? What tickets is the best to get, train or bus? Are trains going all night? Is it long from the station in Copenhagen to Parken?

The easiest way is just to punch in your point of departure and then Parken (Øster Allé) as destination here:
https://www.rejseplanen.dk/webapp/index ... uage=en_EN

Get your asses to Roskilde Station and you're good to go. Trains aren't going all night, but there are some late departures. Rejseplanen can tell you if you input the correct date and time. Easy :-)
Coldblooded wrote:
gixbit1 wrote: Hi!

The easiest way is just to punch in your point of departure and then Parken (Øster Allé) as destination here:
https://www.rejseplanen.dk/webapp/index ... uage=en_EN

Get your asses to Roskilde Station and you're good to go. Trains aren't going all night, but there are some late departures. Rejseplanen can tell you if you input the correct date and time. Easy :-)

Thanks Coldblooded!
I'll look into it.
Saturnus wrote: There's a night bus from East entrance that goes every hour in the warm up and every half hour during the music days.

Is that the "night bus to Copenhagen" mentioned in the guide ? Then it doesn't operate during the warmup days this year, if the information on the website is correct :

A night bus will run non-stop from entrance East to Copenhagen City Hall Square every night from Wednesday 28 June until (and including) Saturday 1 July.
Departure times: 23:00 / 23:30 / 00:00 / 00:30 / 01:00 / 01:30 / 02:00 / 02:30 / 03:00 / 03:30 / 04:00. Single fare: DKK 85.
Pat. wrote:

Is that the "night bus to Copenhagen" mentioned in the guide ? Then it doesn't operate during the warmup days this year, if the information on the website is correct :

A night bus will run non-stop from entrance East to Copenhagen City Hall Square every night from Wednesday 28 June until (and including) Saturday 1 July.
Departure times: 23:00 / 23:30 / 00:00 / 00:30 / 01:00 / 01:30 / 02:00 / 02:30 / 03:00 / 03:30 / 04:00. Single fare: DKK 85.

Saturnus post is from 2016
gixbit1 wrote: My group of people are going to the Guns n Roses concert on the 27th.

gixbit1, you are my hero for mentioning the Guns concert, didn't even heard about it. I owe you eternal gratitude
Just bought my ticket.
Pat. wrote:
gixbit1 wrote: My group of people are going to the Guns n Roses concert on the 27th.

gixbit1, you are my hero for mentioning the Guns concert, didn't even heard about it. I owe you eternal gratitude
Just bought my ticket.

Great to hear that! Hopefully it's gonna be a great night before the main days starts at Roskilde. I had completley lost hope in Axl Rose but after i heard some clip of the first AC/DC show he did last year i became interested. He can sing again. And the AC/DC show in Ålborg was great! From what i've seen and heard it seems that the GnR reunion works out really good as well.
gixbit1 wrote: Great to hear that! Hopefully it's gonna be a great night before the main days starts at Roskilde. I had completley lost hope in Axl Rose but after i heard some clip of the first AC/DC show he did last year i became interested. He can sing again. And the AC/DC show in Ålborg was great! From what i've seen and heard it seems that the GnR reunion works out really good as well.

I was afraid as well, but the internet looks full of enthusiastic comments about the guns reuniting. Anyway, this will be one of theses "once in a lifetime" nights, can't miss that.
So we'll be a bunch of people travelling back and forth from Roskilde to Copenhagen on Tuesday night :)

By the way, if you are a real enthusiast, you can follow them when travelling : track 9H-MTF on http://www.flightradar24.com
15 posts Page 1 of 1