A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello hello hello

Will there be any coverage of Euro 2016 at Roskilde Festival this year? Any love for your Swedish and Icelandic distant cousins?

Thanks in advance :love:
Don't worry. Neither will make it to the round of 16 or the quarter finals that are on during the festival.
The festival organisation has stated on several occasions in Facebook comments that they won't show Euro 2016.
Kíkir bara í bæjinn á einhvern bar bara!
B. wrote: The festival organisation has stated on several occasions in Facebook comments that they won't show Euro 2016.

Nice to know. And they'll probably have to do that a few hundred times more before the festival because they closed the official forum, and made their website an uninformative pile of dog shit.
Should we start a list of "minimum requirements for a festival website" or some kind of wishlist to bug the RF organisation with?

I know, it will be a long list of common sense items, but still.

I am really pissed off by the missing artist list, all there is atm is the schedule.
stevomatic wrote: I am really pissed off by the missing artist list, all there is atm is the schedule.

Eh? Just click on "Music" (the actual thing that says "music" which also makes a bar pop out to the right) and you get the poster view. Then at the top you can select other views as well.
The A-Z list of artists being buggy is a different matter though.
Maagen wrote:
stevomatic wrote: I am really pissed off by the missing artist list, all there is atm is the schedule.

Eh? Just click on "Music" (the actual thing that says "music" which also makes a bar pop out to the right) and you get the poster view. Then at the top you can select other views as well.

It doesn't work (very well). Not only is it buggy, it's also not intuitive, quite the opposite actually, and it's super heavy resource intensive meaning that on anything but a flagship smartphone it's incredible jerky and slow. Even on my i7 laptop there's a noticeable lag when the site is loaded. And that's a laptop that runs solid works and other professional engineering software without blinking.

Overall, I'd rate their the website a -2 or -3 on a scale from 1 to 10. It's probably the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to actually have to visit.
Well, if I mouse over "music"on the left hand side of the startpage, all the slider offers is "schedule". Only if I scroll down, there is a small link to "view full program" that lets me see the a-z list. Took me a while to discover that, though.
Saturnus wrote:
Maagen wrote:

It doesn't work (very well). Not only is it buggy, it's also not intuitive, quite the opposite actually, and it's super heavy resource intensive meaning that on anything but a flagship smartphone it's incredible jerky and slow. Even on my i7 laptop there's a noticeable lag when the site is loaded. And that's a laptop that runs solid works and other professional engineering software without blinking.

Overall, I'd rate their the website a -2 or -3 on a scale from 1 to 10. It's probably the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to actually have to visit.

Huh? While I really agree that their website could be better, and that it's a fact that the A-Z band list is buggy as fuck, I've yet to experience it being slow and/or laggy. My smartphone is an old Sharp from 2013 and my computer is from 2012. Both drive the website smoothly.
stevomatic wrote: Well, if I mouse over "music"on the left hand side of the startpage, all the slider offers is "schedule". Only if I scroll down, there is a small link to "view full program" that lets me see the a-z list. Took me a while to discover that, though.

Just ignore the slider and click on "music" itself instead of hovering. Brings up the lineup right away.
I don't mind the website all that much, although I had to copy and paste all the band information into my own spreadsheet system one by one, where in previous years I could extract it all at once.

On a related note, the worst website in the world was for the Lowlands festival in the Netherlands. For many years it was completely incomprehensible. It was so bad that a group of fans decided to create their own website for the festival where they 'deciphered' the content from the official website and presented it in readable format on their own site.
They developed into a large community that had actually more information and activity than the official site. Incredibly, this situation lasted for 6 years :o
Just read that someone asked if Roskilde will broadcast the season finale of Game of Thrones on large screen. :)
Guess it's more likely with the Euro then.
Fredde wrote: Just read that someone asked if Roskilde will broadcast the season finale of Game of Thrones on large screen. :)
Guess it's more likely with the Euro then.

That would be so cool.
Couldn't the festival just be about the feeling and the music? Why add football and TV series? FFS let's leave that shit to the "real world".
16 posts Page 1 of 2