A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Roskilde Anden´s facebook page has a live feed from the rising of the canopy just about now.
Nice one, It takes a bit of work, Ill never complain when one of my tent poles gets stuck again . :lol:
Couldn´t find this thread of whereabouts of Roskilde stages off the festival. So I´ll post here, that a little bit comforting for me is the fact that Arena tent will be presented here in Helsinki in Flow festival. A little glimpse of Roskilde feeling for me this summer too. They say it has a capasity of 15 000. If I remember correctly Roskilde says it holds 17 000. There may be some bars insuide the tent to explain the difference.
Wallu, I guess you where looking for this thread:
topic5664.html
Wallu wrote: They say it has a capasity of 15 000. If I remember correctly Roskilde says it holds 17 000. There may be some bars insuide the tent to explain the difference.

Also depends on the size of the stage itself, obviously. Roskilde uses a bit less than 1/3 of Arena's total area for stage and backstage. Also depends what number you use for "people per square meter" - Kayam don't specify capacities, only square meter coverage. Actually, I think both Flow and Roskilde include some of the space outside in the capacity (and I think Roskilde changed the capacity when they adjusted the tent's placement (and rotated it a bit) some years back).
Does anybody know how long the skate-park has been there? Don´t remember it from 2000 and 2001 and we lived quite close to where it is now
So the tent is here. Amazing setup. It was elevated on the sides for about two meters and an open stairway to the bar on both sides. Couldn´t tell it was Arena from the inside. I think in this setup it would hold up to something like 10 000 people.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 0085_o.jpg
Wallu wrote: Does anybody know how long the skate-park has been there? Don´t remember it from 2000 and 2001 and we lived quite close to where it is now

The first year with the skate park was 2004, although it wasn't quite finished until 2005.

Nice setup with the Valhalla tent - I have a feeling the festival finds the current Arena capacity just right, though. :)
Ok, thanks for the info. And yes, I think Roskilde will keep Arena as it is now. Roskilde has much more people attending than Flow, so the full capasity is needed.
9 posts Page 1 of 1