Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 27 Mar 2017, 07:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Choices of stage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 09:43 

Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
After a brilliant 2015 I think Roskilde missed the mark when they placed artists this year.

One headliner on Arena might be ok, but PJ Harvey, New Order AND Tame Impala. I did not see PJ, but the other two concerts would have been just as great at Orange in my oppinion. Tame Impala to switch with M83 and take the night spot like Mew did last year! And New Order switch with The Last Shadow Puppets.

I don't think it would have ruined the experience. I was very annoyed that I could not see the stage properly at either NO or TI.

Kudos to Foals who really tried to lift the job of a half full orange.

Post subject: Re: Choices of stage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 12:26 

Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
I have to say that I agree here. I saw lots of misplaced bands who could've easily rocked bigger stages and a few that honestly should've gone to smaller ones.

Phlake and Saveus during the warmup should've both been moved to the main programme, and even to fairly larger stages, and Alex Vargas plus Bisse were both hopelessly mobbed with people at Gloria.

Tame Impala, New Order and dare I say also Mac deMarco could all easily have taken on the Orange Stage, while The Last Shadow Puppets and House of Pain were obviously too small to really fill it out. I'm not sure if I agree with the notion that M83 should've been relegated to Arena – there weren't that many people, but his music alone is so big and spacious that he deserved the spot. He also had great sound – maybe the best of all the Orange Stage acts this year.

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats could also easily have been moved to Avalon. They lost a little of their intensity on Arena.

Post subject: Re: Choices of stage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 12:43 

Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Coldblooded wrote:
I have to say that I agree here. I saw lots of misplaced bands who could've easily rocked bigger stages and a few that honestly should've gone to smaller ones.

Phlake and Saveus during the warmup should've both been moved to the main programme, and even to fairly larger stages, and Alex Vargas plus Bisse were both hopelessly mobbed with people at Gloria.

Tame Impala, New Order and dare I say also Mac deMarco could all easily have taken on the Orange Stage, while The Last Shadow Puppets and House of Pain were obviously too small to really fill it out. I'm not sure if I agree with the notion that M83 should've been relegated to Arena – there weren't that many people, but his music alone is so big and spacious that he deserved the spot. He also had great sound – maybe the best of all the Orange Stage acts this year.

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats could also easily have been moved to Avalon. They lost a little of their intensity on Arena.

Great examples as well. Uncle Acid was a curious choice for Arena! They played a great concert, but at Avalon it would have been way more intense (Would it even have been crowded at Pavillion??)

Another one was Baba Commandant at Gloria. It was packed and was the type of concert that could have drawn more and more people inside a tent.