Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
468 posts Page 1 of 32
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32 Next
At the Q&A after the program release for 2016 someone in the Roskilde administration revealed that they already have booked one of the 2017 headliners.
This will probably be one of the first names to be released this fall.
Any suspects?

Here my suspects:
Depeche Mode
Katy Perry
Aerosmith
Janet Jackson
Arcade Fire

On the not-headliner spot we might "get to see" DJ BOBO :)
I'm optimistically guessing Radiohead. Anders Wahrén repeatedly stated that "they will probably be ready for Roskilde next year", when prompted why Radiohead weren't on the programme for 2016. Apparently the band chose to kick off their tour by exclusively playing festivals they hadn't been at before, which was why Secret Solstice and Open Air St. Gallen got them but Northside and Roskilde didn't even though both dates and geography matched up ever-so-obviously.

Other than that, I'm hoping for Massive Attack, Fiona Apple, Fleetwood Mac and Nas. Grizzly Bear could also be an option if we're looking at Arena-class headliners, which we've seen more of than ever this year. I guess that's a continuing trend.

Taylor Swift or Justin Timberlake are obvious picks for the pop headliner, while Prophets of Rage (the RATM/Cypress Hill/Public Enemy supergroup) would be an absolute scoop in the rock/metal category.
Prophets of Rage would be cool, if they would still be touring next summer.
If Coldplay is touring next year I could see them as one of the headliners.

But Radiohead is very likely.
Prophets of Rage and Radiohead seems obvious (and great!). Would love Depeche Mode and Arcade Fire as well.
How about Dr. Dre?

In the Orange Press back in 14, one of the journalists spoke that after The Rolling Stones, everything is possible, and mentioned acts like Dr.Dre and other heavy hitters...

Also.. In October of 15, Dr.Dre himself stated in his show "The Pharmacy" that he would love to take his full production to Europe with Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg and Eminem.

"link supposed to be here"

This would be (imo) the best Orange closer in many many years!

On another note.. Gorillaz is also releasing their 4th album soon. and since Damon Albarn is a huge fan of the festival.... maayybe?
Hope you are right about Dre! That would be amazing.

Radiohead is a obvious possibility.

Prophets of rage was not a known project at the time when they said that one headliner was booked for 2017, but would love to see them added to the line up.

Since it was a band that was already planning a tour of 2017 my guess would be Metallica. Or maybe Daft Punk is planning a big show that they are taking on the road next year. They seem to be very detail-oriented, so I can see them planning well ahead.
Prophets of Rage seems like a no brainer, if they will tour, and if they are playing after the presidential election in November.
Ice Cube reunited NWA at Coachella, this would also be a great hiphop headliner if they go on tour.
Guns and Roses was also reunited for Coachella and is only touring North America in 2016, if they go worldwide in 2017 they would also fit well to public demand of big names at Orange.
What about someone like Swans? They haven't played since 2011 and have been quite prolific since then.
Maagen wrote: What about someone like Swans? They haven't played since 2011 and have been quite prolific since then.

Swans are playing their last show in their current incarnation this November. Afterwards, I'm guessing that Gira will send the project into hiatus once again for a spell.
Radiohead seems obvious.
What about Nick Cave? Haven't been at Roskilde for a while, and he releases a new album in september.

These two are my absolute top wishes for next year.
Nick Cave would be so good. His performance in Flow Festival, Helsinki still makes me wonder what the hell did I see. Never been the same after that. Easily an all-time top 3 show.

Sad to hear about Swans, even though I prefer them in a non-festival setting as they need 3 hours imo.

BTW all of your wishes would suit me fine.
I'm also hoping for The Avalanches, who just came out of hiatus and put out their follow up to the 2000-debut 'Since I left you'. Should be a no-brainer :)
jonathansoegaard wrote: I'm also hoping for The Avalanches, who just came out of hiatus and put out their follow up to the 2000-debut 'Since I left you'. Should be a no-brainer :)

I'm not sure they're a great live act anymore. The album is REALLY good. Maybe the best I've heard yet this year. But reports from their live appearances at festivals etc. this summer have been a really mixed bag. Basically Avalanches "live" is reduced to Robbie Chater and Tony Di Blasi drunk dj'ing. They haven't got a touring band to back them up.
Coldblooded wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: I'm also hoping for The Avalanches, who just came out of hiatus and put out their follow up to the 2000-debut 'Since I left you'. Should be a no-brainer :)

I'm not sure they're a great live act anymore. The album is REALLY good. Maybe the best I've heard yet this year. But reports from their live appearances at festivals etc. this summer have been a really mixed bag. Basically Avalanches "live" is reduced to Robbie Chater and Tony Di Blasi drunk dj'ing. They haven't got a touring band to back them up.

Well that sucks to hear. I have not seen any live reviews yet, but I was also pleasantly surprised by the new album, and I'm not even into electronic music.

(I suspect I would enjoy some Dj'ing if it was all The Avalanches :D )
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32 Next
468 posts Page 1 of 32