Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Who should play Roskilde festival 2017?

It's time again to let the bookers know your wishes for the 2017 festival:
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/20 ... tival-2017

"It’s time to look forward. We’re gearing up the booking process for next year’s festival, and we need your help. Let us know who YOU think should play Roskilde Festival 2017.

SEND US YOUR MUSIC WISHES

Follow the link and send us your five hottest music wishes for the 2017 season. When participating you automatically enter the draw for 5x2 tickets to Roskilde Festival 2017.

Five GOLDEN rules:

-Wish for someone who didn't play Roskilde Festival this year.
-Wish both big and small.
-Make sure you spell all names correctly
-Don't repeat wishes. It won’t make the chances bigger.
-Write nothing but band names in the fields. No comments, please.

Remember, you can only participate once, so choose carefully. Deadline is 16 October 2016.

Even though we can’t fulfil every wish, your requests are an invaluable source of knowledge and inspiration."

You can vote here: http://musicwishes.roskilde-festival.dk

Please post you votes here as well :love:
I submitted:

Soundgarden
Prophets of Rage
The Ritual
Temple of The Dog
Tool

Don't think I'll get any of them (I never have), but just one would be amazing.
1. Primal Scream
2. Noel Gallagher's High flying birds feat. Johnny Marr
3. Veronica Maggio
4. Morrissey
5. Stone Roses

Did not bother voting for the big acts I want to see that I know a lot of people will vote for anyways, so then I ended up with a list of Manchester bands (I feel Primal Scream fit that Madchester label even if they are from Glasgow) and a single Swede (since I had such a great time at her concert in 2015).
jonathansoegaard wrote: I submitted:

Soundgarden
Prophets of Rage
The Ritual
Temple of The Dog
Tool

2,4 and 5 on that list would defend the whole ticket in my eyes, so nice selection :) Soundgarden would defend up towards app. 43% of the ticket, so would also be a great addition!
Limp bizkit
Prophets of rage
Run the jewels
Blink-182
In flames
Does anyone know if you HAVE to share it on Facebook to enter the competition?

My wishes:

Cloud Cult
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Archive
Metallica
Peter Gabriel
Death Hawks - Seen these guys many times from the beginning. Great psychedelic rock band from Finland. Have posted videos of them here for many years niow. Think theyŕe just getting better and better.
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - About time to get him back. His Flow festival performance in 2013 was absolutely mind-blowing. Never seen anything like that. Ever.
Massive Attack - Saw them a month ago, but the gig was rather short and I was too drunk, so Orange stage would be perfect setting to see them again
The Claypool Lennon Delirium - I like the album and since Primus might not be aviable, letś at least get Claypool
Mikko Joensuu - This is something very special delivered live. Just stumbled across them in Flow festival. Knew the guy and his music, but I never thought I would be so into this from listening to his records. Beautiful and powerful music.
My wishes

Green Day (won´t let it go :D )
Kings Of Leon
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour (I have only seen them at Balaton Sound back in 2011 and me and Wallu´s talk in the other thread inspired me)
Ferry Corsten (and hopefully in his System F or Gouryella moniker)
Coldplay
Sjabba212 wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: I submitted:

Soundgarden
Prophets of Rage
The Ritual
Temple of The Dog
Tool

2,4 and 5 on that list would defend the whole ticket in my eyes, so nice selection :) Soundgarden would defend up towards app. 43% of the ticket, so would also be a great addition!

I'm glad that you like my selection :D (Nice selection you have as well!). I always have exactly the same thought as you - not going for the big names - but I actually feel that there might be a shot at some of these guys this year, and if I can assist with just 0,000001 % chance I will :lol: .

Ok Tool and Temple of The Dog are serious longshots, but just one name of the names and I would instantly buy the ticket and be READY!

But I hate that we can only choose 5 names... It makes sense, but I want to vote for: Daft Punk, Jamiroquai, The Strokes, Alice In Chains, Run The Jewels, Danny Brown, The Avalanches, D'Angelo, Nick Cave, The Smashing Pumpkins - Forgetting a lot, and not even trying to mention world music or small danish acts.
I had shortlist which includes: Radiohead, Bon Iver, Pixies, The Stone Roses, Michael Kiwanuka, Damien Jurado, Tool, The Shins, Band of Horses, Black Mountain, Bat for Lashes, Kula Shaker, Beck, Massive attack, The Strokes, Wild Beasts, Tiger Lou, Sufjan Stevens, Anna Ternheim, Temple of the Dog (maybe not possible at all) and Smashing Pumpkins (especially if original group goes to tour).

From those I decided to vote following acts: Radiohead, Bon Iver, Pixies, Band of Horses and Kula Shaker.
I haven't seen live Pixies, Band of Horses and Kula Shaker, so that's why I picked those ones.
Here are my suggestions:

System Of A Down
Rammstein
Radiohead
Placebo
Kaiser Chiefs

Maybe not the most exotic bands, but something, that would give me a geat festival :)
I only need one of these five acts:

Guns N'Roses
Foo Fighters
Aerosmith
The Black Keys
Mark Knopfler
Van halen
Lana del rey
Alicia Keys
Frank Ocean
Misfits
Aerosmith
Arcade Fire
Nine inch Nails
Opeth
Tool

Hoping for NIN and Opeth at least.
- Every Time I Die
- Frank Ocean
- Radiohead
- Arcade Fire
- The Dillinger Escape Plan

But obviously I can't stick with five names. So... Nick Cave, Sufjan Stevens, Touché Amoré, La Dispute, The Hotelier. Yeeaa 10 names!
17 posts Page 1 of 2