Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
With a couple of weeks that has given us:

Danny Brown - atrocity exhibition

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

Solange - A Seat at the Table

That have really been rated highly - Especially by pitchfork, which you have to suspect Roskilde looks quite a lot at. I also agree with at least 2 of the three.

Basically I'm pretty sure we will see 1-3 of the above artists at Roskilde next summer (They want Beyonce so bad, maybe they can settle with Solange :lol: ).

Can we find other potential candidates based on albums and reviews?
With Bon Iver doing two shows in Copenhagen next February he seems less likely to me. If it had been this autumn, more likely. But never say never – he has headlined before...
I'm a bit more optimistic about Bon Iver, since it is two shows in a very small venue, which were annonced prior to the release of 22 AM.

This seems similar to his Denmark shows in 2011-2012. I.e. prior to the release of Bon Iver, Bon Iver they announced a concert in Falconer Salen (rougly the same capacity as two shows in Den Grå Hal) for November 2011. Then played Roskilde in 2012, and finally Forum in November 2012.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar cycle around 22AM. I.e. 2 x Den Grå Hal + Roskilde + possibly Royal Arena in the beginning of 2018.

To add to the list of critically acclaimed albums:
Hamilton Leithauser/Rostam: I Had a Dream That You Were Mine
Touché Amoré's new album "Stage Four" has received great reviews, especially an impressive one by Pitchfork. The band has played other large festivals that aren't punk/core these last few years (Pukkelpop, Primavera, Coachella, etc.). They have a gig at Pumpehuset in January. If that one goes down well - which I bet it does, T.A. is an awesome live band - Roskilde should definitely book them, if possible.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is surely a contestant, having made what's possibly AOTY. However, I doubt if he'll tour the album, all things considered.

Radiohead ought to be touring festivals in Europe. New album also highly praised.

Frank Ocean's "Blonde" is a no-brainer. But RF will def book him if possible.

Every Time I Die's new album, "Low Teens", also receives its fair share of kind words. However, they played in 2015. Don't know if it's too soon. However, they're a relatively small name so there's still a chance.

As for Bon Iver, I don't know. Seems like a good bet, and personally I could go for them twice (seeing them in February), but I reckon that NorthSide Festival will want to book them - especially considering the fact that Bon Iver has never (to my knowing) been in Jylland. But we'll see :)
Anderson .Paak and Knxwledge are coming out with an album, "Yes Lawd", during the end of the month. The singles they've put out so far have gotten positive reviews, and with a critically aclaimed Anderson .Paak concert at Apollo stage this year, the new collab between these two artists might be a possible booking.

Also, Gorillaz are going nuts with their online short stories about the characters in the band, so the new album might be on its way, making Damon Albarn ready for a 4th year in a row at Roskilde?
5 posts Page 1 of 1