Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
169 posts Page 8 of 12
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
ppholst wrote: Så nappede Copenhell fil'me Dillinger Escape Plan....Jeg havde ellers en lille mavefornemmelse om, at de skulle en lille tur til Roskilde :-(

You can be almost certain that it wasn't for a lack of trying...
ppholst wrote: Så nappede Copenhell fil'me Dillinger Escape Plan....Jeg havde ellers en lille mavefornemmelse om, at de skulle en lille tur til Roskilde :-(

I hoped to see Dillinger Escape Plan on Roskilde. Most probably it's not happening now. I was in luck to see them a week ago in Berlin just before they had the accident. It was a-ma-zing!!!
Do you know when Copenhell will announce daily program? It's possible to book a flight one day earlier for this and then travel to Roskilde.
Great announcement from Copenhell today... Architects are also a great booking (also had a feeling they're possible for RF)
ro55N wrote:

I hoped to see Dillinger Escape Plan on Roskilde. Most probably it's not happening now. I was in luck to see them a week ago in Berlin just before they had the accident. It was a-ma-zing!!!
Do you know when Copenhell will announce daily program? It's possible to book a flight one day earlier for this and then travel to Roskilde.
Great announcement from Copenhell today... Architects are also a great booking (also had a feeling they're possible for RF)

Sorry, forgot to write in English because of water in my eyes :-)

ro55N, No I haven't seen any announcements for the daily program, but as I remember it's normally announced in the spring (as RoskildeS)
Apart from a handful of major radio-freindly acts, Roskilde seems to be getting the scraps this year. Copenhell and Northside have really been raking in the juicy bites - many of which RF fans have been screaming for for years.

I got my ticket and as always, I look forward to 4-5 days of time-of-my-life grade experiences with friends and music, but I can't help but sigh just a little, looking at those other posters... I really hope RF pull out some of that juicyness pretty soon... Just a few ones, to hit me right in my face. Right now, in comparison, it looks a little bland (and yes - I've been through the entire lineup so far).
HandsDown wrote: Apart from a handful of major radio-freindly acts, Roskilde seems to be getting the scraps this year. Copenhell and Northside have really been raking in the juicy bites - many of which RF fans have been screaming for for years.

Although I don't listen to metal, it appears from the posts online that you are right on Copenhell.

However, I disagree on NorthSide. Besides Frank Ocean and Radiohead, which are major bookings, I do not really see any bands that I would have expected Roskilde to sign. Perhaps Primus or Run the Jewels, but the latter was here in 2015 and would thus be an early repetition. Bands like Bastille, The Kills, and Richard Ashcroft would be slightly bland Roskilde bookings to me. The Danish names are solid, but most of them have also been to Roskilde recently. To me, the NorthSide line-up is low in diversity and I don't really feel encouraged to dive into the line-up and discover cool new acts. But that could change with their last 10 names, of course.
I think that we´re ok regarding the smaller names and lacking a lot of talent in the bigger. It´s not just Roskilde´s fault, there aren´t that many big, good bands touring anymore. And of those that still do we´ve had many in recent years. This is of course my personal opinion. Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire just don´t tickle my fancy bone.

Hopefully we would get one biggish name for my liking too, but I´m ok with what there´s to offer on smaller print.

The competition in Denmark seems to taken up a notch or two in couple of years. Hopefully Roskilde can survive as it is.
ro55N wrote:

If you go to the homepage of Copenhell and press the bands some have days and some times.
Like Architects, System of a down and Rage will play thursday
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
ro55N wrote:

If you go to the homepage of Copenhell and press the bands some have days and some times.

Geeky observation, perfecto.
I'd say The Kills and especially Primus are pretty obvious For RF. I agree, Northside is not, and have never been very diverse in its lineups, but the genre (lets call it popular indie) they tend to go for is not very well represented at RF. The NS names used to be in semi-bold on theRF poster, and I miss them there.

Now, I am not into metal as such, but I enjoy the shows, mainly because some of my friends go and are eager to introduce me to this and that, and the atmosphere is often exalted and refreshingly positive. And this transmits to the rest of the festival, I think. So if the metal crowd is pleased, the festival as a whole benefits from it, imo.

I was STOKED, when Copenhell announced both SOAD and Prophets. SOAD would be somewhere on my "probably not"-list, but the metal-audience have been begging for that act for so many years now, so how RF could let them slip when they are finally around is just beyond me. And then Prophets. Or Rage and Cypress, if you will. Its like an RF-act incarnate, so what happened? And Dillinger?

Overall I miss some hard, established, progressive must-sees, I guess. Not so much for me, but for defining the musical corners on that poster and for RF as a strong attraction and competitor (cause I love it so). And I cant think of many acts (true, there are not that many about, Wallu), who could fill that gap atm. That would be Tool. Or Nine inch nails. That kind of act is missing, but seemingly not impossible to find elsewhere.

Radiohead is its own chapter, and I am positive, that RF could have offered their entire budget and still missed them...
ro55N wrote:

Oh, thank you sir! I missed that.
Will definitely look into the opportunity to see DEP before traveling to Roskilde. Day tix are pretty steep though so I hope they pull out good headliner for this day to justify the expense. I see there is a gap in the headliner slot for Friday.
We'll see...
Lots of announcements today (and this week) from all major Europe festivals like Leeds/Reading, RaR, Pukkelpop, etc... Can't wait for the more names at RF
ro55N wrote:
ro55N wrote:

Oh, thank you sir! I missed that.
Will definitely look into the opportunity to see DEP before traveling to Roskilde. Day tix are pretty steep though so I hope they pull out good headliner for this day to justify the expense. I see there is a gap in the headliner slot for Friday.
We'll see...
Lots of announcements today (and this week) from all major Europe festivals like Leeds/Reading, RaR, Pukkelpop, etc... Can't wait for the more names at RF

No problem :-) And what is better is that if you download the app for ios or android you can see it all (why you cant on the homepage dunno)
HandsDown wrote:

"Now, I am not into metal as such, but I enjoy the shows, mainly because some of my friends go and are eager to introduce me to this and that, and the atmosphere is often exalted and refreshingly positive. And this transmits to the rest of the festival, I think. So if the metal crowd is pleased, the festival as a whole benefits from it, imo."

Thank you, this is one of the reasons why Roskilde is such a good place to be.

I say this, not because I'm one of the metalheads, but because you see this and react so positive. Good karma and energy.
Northside drops the last 12 names today, exiting to see what they come up with.

Guesses on their Facebook page circles around Fede Finn & Funny Boys and something like that.
Their fans didn't really like that last announcement :-)
P6 Beat will announce the names from 12:30 so I´ll expect to see some names I wanted at Roskilde on this final announcement.
Is there any info on the poster release date for Roskilde this year? Early April as usual I guess?
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
169 posts Page 8 of 12