Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
170 posts Page 9 of 12
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Wallu wrote: Is there any info on the poster release date for Roskilde this year? Early April as usual I guess?

In some facebooks comments they have both said the end of marts and early april(like last year)
bongo-anders wrote: Northside drops the last 12 names today, exiting to see what they come up with.

Guesses on their Facebook page circles around Fede Finn & Funny Boys and something like that.
Their fans didn't really like that last announcement :-)

Can't be the last names. Twelve names added makes a total of 36 names. They usually have 40-41. So unless they've also cut down on the amount of names aswell, there'll still be a handful to go after today.
Their own words

btw the names are out

James Blake, 2manydjs (live), Sort Sol, Thomas Dybdahl, Rasmus Walter, The Afghan Wig, RIDE, Tom Odell, Helgi Jonsson, Who Made Who, Folkeklubben and Lightwave Empire (aka Spleen United).
The Afghan Wigs, RIDE and especially Sort Sol would have been lovely at Roskilde.

Sort Sol is still a possibility, right?
jonasporsborg wrote: The Afghan Wigs, RIDE and especially Sort Sol would have been lovely at Roskilde.

I dont think so, but i am pretty sure they will play Tinderbox also
I was seriously considering going to Northside this year, but this final announcement is really disappointing in my opinion. James Blake is a great name, but I have seen him twice at Roskilde already.

Not sure about the change in structure. The three headliners are really big and solid names, but the rest of the poster is underwhelming, and I really don't like the huge increase in the proportion of Danish names, but they say people have been wanting it...
Pretty underwhelmed here as well.

I was impressed when NS landed Radiohead and Frank Ocean, but I really think they're starving their core audience badly. My criticisms are doubling the percentage of Danish acts, cutting down on sheer quantity and apparently also forgetting the adventurousness that brought more electronic names, hip hop and lately even hard rock to the festival. This year we have Primus as the excuse for hard rock (and they're barely that, those lovely weirdos), a mere couple of hip hop names and the same on the electronic front.

The Danish names are even mostly throwaway middleweight names that you can see on every other domestic festival. I have half as many want-to-sees in that lineup than I used to, basically.
jonasporsborg wrote: The Afghan Wigs, RIDE and especially Sort Sol would have been lovely at Roskilde.

Indeed they are, just announced :D
When you have gone through the immediate dissapointment of so many Danish names at NorthSide, I actually think it's pretty good. Most of the Danish names this year, are as interesting as they get in Denmark. Phlake, Sort Sol, SaveUs, Chinah and Bisse - if I were to make a top 5 of relevant Danish names right now, it would be those 5. Last year NorthSide wasn't sold out, and that was with some rather challenging international headliners. I can understand why they're changing their DNA this year; they have to sell tickets
I Like Turtles wrote: When you have gone through the immediate dissapointment of so many Danish names at NorthSide, I actually think it's pretty good. Most of the Danish names this year, are as interesting as they get in Denmark. Phlake, Sort Sol, SaveUs, Chinah and Bisse - if I were to make a top 5 of relevant Danish names right now, it would be those 5. Last year NorthSide wasn't sold out, and that was with some rather challenging international headliners. I can understand why they're changing their DNA this year; they have to sell tickets

Maybe you're right. But I think they're thoroughly alienating the customers they had previously while trying to reel new ones in. I can see why the one-day tickets are popular, as each day has one very solid headliner to boost the sales. I don't think their full festival tickets will sell out. If that holds true they'll be in the exact same spot as they were in last year, where all the one-day tickets also sold out, but not the three-day tickets.

I also don't entirely agree on the Danish names. For every one of the slightly interesting ones, there's a clunker as well. I mean, Agnes Obel may be a big name, but she's also a complete snoozefest. Mø has played Northside more times than I can remember. Thomas Helmig and Tina Dickow are tried, but also tired local heroes and Helgi Jonsson is only there because he could tag along with his wife (Dickow). And I can't help but think that the more interesting ones among the pack are kinda meh as well, at least for an audience that also visits other domestic festivals that has had them on time and again. I think they run the risk of becoming an also-ran festival with only a couple of headliners to differentiate them from the pack.

I'm not complaining though. If I'm going it's as a reviewer, and less relevant names also means less work in a timeframe that's always crazy busy for me ;-)
The new festival HAVEN added some strong names:

Chance the Rapper
Feist
Iggy Pop
Band of Horses
SBTRKT
Conor Oberst
Rex Orange County
Iceage
Liss
Kwamie Liv
Nelson Can
Mikkel256 wrote: The new festival HAVEN added some strong names:

Chance the Rapper
Feist
Iggy Pop
Band of Horses
SBTRKT
Conor Oberst
Rex Orange County
Iceage
Liss
Kwamie Liv
Nelson Can

Looks like they're positively taking over the mantle from Northside. AFAIK it's also some of the same booking people that were originally involved in Northside before it spun off into its own entity.
Iggy would have been a welcome kick in a lineup, a bit too mainstream and safe for my taste. I sure hope they throw in some sand in that machine with the last announcements...
HandsDown wrote: Iggy would have been a welcome kick in a lineup, a bit too mainstream and safe for my taste. I sure hope they throw in some sand in that machine with the last announcements...

Do you mean Roskilde or Northside? If you mean Roskilde, "mainstream" and "safe" are the last adjectives I'd ever use about this year's lineup. If you mean Northside, we completely agree though.

On the topic of Northside, I saw in MetroXpress that they're expanding their capacity to 40,000 people. Maybe that proves my worries about the festival being able to sell a lineup dominated by domestic names wrong, but the notion of them letting too many in on the festival grounds becomes another concern suddenly. Northside has been a tad overcrowded before which, to put it mildly, wasn't any fun.
Heartland has announced Eddie Vedder. Jamen for fanden da.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
170 posts Page 9 of 12