Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
170 posts Page 11 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Watching the Ultra livestream atm and I must say that I´m very envy of Tinderbox having Martin Solveig on the lineup. :(
Tinderbox drop the last 18 names on Thursday.
http://www.fyens.dk/kultur/Festivalprog ... ium=Social

Earth, Wind and Fire and others for Langelands festival. Could have been a nice party
Run-D.M.C., D-A-D, Tina Dickow, Sort Sol, Rasmus Walter, Folkeklubben, De Danske Hyrder, Louis Berry, Lemaitre, Lightwave Empire, Ummet Ozcan, Felix Jaehn, Throttle, Dirty South and KANT as the last names for Tinderbox
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Run-D.M.C., D-A-D, Tina Dickow, Sort Sol, Rasmus Walter, Folkeklubben, De Danske Hyrder, Louis Berry, Lemaitre, Lightwave Empire, Ummet Ozcan, Felix Jaehn, Throttle, Dirty South and KANT as the last names for Tinderbox

Tinderbox have managed to book an entire poster, where nothing would go further than "might see" if I applied our must/want/might see from this forum. Die Antwoord for the crazy party as the most interesting.
That is kinda impressive in a bad way.
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Run-D.M.C., D-A-D, Tina Dickow, Sort Sol, Rasmus Walter, Folkeklubben, De Danske Hyrder, Louis Berry, Lemaitre, Lightwave Empire, Ummet Ozcan, Felix Jaehn, Throttle, Dirty South and KANT as the last names for Tinderbox

Tinderbox have managed to book an entire poster, where nothing would go further than "might see" if I applied our must/want/might see from this forum. Die Antwoord for the crazy party as the most interesting.
That is kinda impressive in a bad way.

Die Antwoord, Run DMC, Kim Larsen would be must see for me. Gogol Bordello would me a must see for many on Roskilde
Brian Nielsen from Tinderbox talks about the program here:
https://www.facebook.com/fyensdk/videos ... =2&theater

He gets a question about Green Day and Linkin Park and why TB didn't book them (34:25). They were a bit slow to talk with Green Day and then it did not fit Green Days tour. But Brian states that they contacted Linkin Park but he says Linkin Park was booked by a russian festival instead. Right now there are no Russian concerts at their tour (https://linkinpark.com/events), so I am thinking they will be booked for Roskilde. Brian smiles and it seems like he knows that he cant say that they are already booked for Roskilde.

The schedule for Linkin Park also fits perfect for Roskilde with Bråvalla thursday and Rock Werchter saturday.
Not booking Green Day is an epic fail.
Helbob wrote: He gets a question about Green Day and Linkin Park and why TB didn't book them (34:25). They were a bit slow to talk with Green Day and then it did not fit Green Days tour. But Brian states that they contacted Linkin Park but he says Linkin Park was booked by a russian festival instead. Right now there are no Russian concerts at their tour (https://linkinpark.com/events), so I am thinking they will be booked for Roskilde. Brian smiles and it seems like he knows that he cant say that they are already booked for Roskilde.

The schedule for Linkin Park also fits perfect for Roskilde with Bråvalla thursday and Rock Werchter saturday.

Are they still relevant? They seem like an over-the-hill-and-waste-of-money-type of band, but I may be mistaken as I am not into the genre.
Toxoman wrote:
Helbob wrote: He gets a question about Green Day and Linkin Park and why TB didn't book them (34:25). They were a bit slow to talk with Green Day and then it did not fit Green Days tour. But Brian states that they contacted Linkin Park but he says Linkin Park was booked by a russian festival instead. Right now there are no Russian concerts at their tour (https://linkinpark.com/events), so I am thinking they will be booked for Roskilde. Brian smiles and it seems like he knows that he cant say that they are already booked for Roskilde.

Are they still relevant? They seem like an over-the-hill-and-waste-of-money-type of band, but I may be mistaken as I am not into the genre.

They are releasing a new album this year so maybe. And if RF can book Blink-182 then I think Linkin Park is much the same.
Helbob wrote:
Toxoman wrote:

They are releasing a new album this year so maybe. And if RF can book Blink-182 then I think Linkin Park is much the same.

Well rumors on the street is that the price for Linkin park is crazy high (It is not for Blink)
Argh do not get me hyped on Linkin Park!

But isnt it unlikely for them to come now? I mean, they have never played at Roskilde before, right? so why now?
bongo-anders wrote: Not booking Green Day is an epic fail.

Why? I mean, I get why they were popular – Dookie and Insomniac are objectively a couple of impressive records no matter if you're into Green Day or not. But their output has only worsened for each new album they put out. The last one – Revolution Radio – was so shit that I ditched reviewing it because I couldn't think of a burn funny or eloquent enough to contain both my fury over wasting so much time listening to it and the sheer mediocrity it exudes.
Helbob wrote:
Toxoman wrote:

Can't see Linkin Park fit onto the Roskilde Festival poster unless they completely redeem themselves artistically with that new album looming on the horizon. Blink-182, for the pop punk band they are, have actually matured well. Their past two albums are much better than most of the stuff their contemporaries have put out.
I'm very surprised neither Green Day or Linkin Park have been booked for Tinderbox this year. They are both at Southside and Hurricane in Germany, which are the same weekend and I think are run by the same promoters as Tinderbox.

I actually like Green Day quite much and have seen them three times. Straight forward music with big appeal for festival goers and they always put on a great show. I like their new album, but not as much as American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. That Uno, Dos, Tre trilogy was quite bad though.

Never seen Linkin Park, but would love to. As long their new album isn't the same style as the recent single - jesus christ it's horrible.
jacjens wrote: Never seen Linkin Park, but would love to. As long their new album isn't the same style as the recent single - jesus christ it's horrible.

I have seen Linkin Park two times. The first time in 2010 at Jyske Bank Boxen and the last time at Skive Festival 2012. Both times were really, really good! They have so much energy on stage and they make all the songs a bit more heavier than on their albums. I do not like the direction that they are going with their two first singles from then upcoming album. The latest album, the hunting party, was great. Nevertheless, I am sure they will still throw a nice rock party on the Orange stage!
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
170 posts Page 11 of 12