Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
With a new album out, You Want It Darker, could old Leonard Cohen be a possibility at this years festival?

Not really a "party time at Orange"-kind of name, but would be lovely to see this legend playing Roskilde. Any thoughts?
Sadly no chance. He´s too old to tour now and his back is in bad shape. As much as I would like to see the master again (I´m a HUUUUUGE fan), that´s just not going to happen ever again. I saw him in 2010 and in 2012 and it seemed he could go on forever. He played for 3 and a half hours dancing around and skipping on and off the stage as a young boy. Ablolutely amazing live band. So good memories of those concerts. In my top 3, easily.

The recent albums are excellent also, good to see his mind being as sharp as ever.
I also saw him in 2012 - and what a fantastic experience that was.

He was in really good shape, but yea maybe he's too old now..

Would be a spectacular experience, wathcing him one last time at roskilde
There was a lot of conversation about his condition in the finnsih newspapers couple of weeks ago after this great New Yorker article. (I have to admit I haven´t read all of it yet). Talks of him not even been able to leave his house and not living long anymore. Last week he made remarks that maybe he´s in that bad of a condition and might still record couple of more albums, but I really dont think he´ll ever tour again. And since you saw him tioo, you now we´re missing out maybe the greatest talent of all.
Oops, I forgot to add the link to the article if anyones interested. So, here it is : http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... -it-darker
The master is gone.
The one and only Master... Greatest of them all. RIP, Leonard Cohen!!
Maestro Cohen, Thanks for All and rest in peace.
8 posts Page 1 of 1