Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
36 posts Page 2 of 3
Probably Trentemøller. Volbeat has 1,7 million likes, so they're probably too big.
Helbob wrote: The danish act with more than 400k - Volbeat or Trentemøller?

I think they would have gone with a like count closer to the ~1.7M Volbeat have if it were them. Trentemøller is more likely I'd say.
Would Trentemøller still be a headliner?
Jenny Hval is Norwegian and has ~18k likes.
Vampire Weekend has 2.2m likes
Real Estate at ~170k likes? Never played Roskilde either.
Rancid with 1.5m likes as the american with less than 2m likes. They are already playing Nova Rock in june
Bon Iver, Trentemøller and Jenny Hval seem like good guesses given their amount of likes, and that they have recently released an album. I'll add Moderat to that list. They recently released their third album, and last played in 2014 after their second album.

Vampire Weekend goes with the vampire clue, but it seems a bit too obvious imo.

EDIT: Oh and actually, vampires are a theme on Jenny Hval's latest album, so that's a solid guess.
Sjabba212 wrote: According to the latest FB-post there will not be a Daft Punk or Coldplay. One big US name with more then 2 million likes.

Where did you read that comment, I can't find it. Did they say they will just not announce them tomorrow or not at all this year?
B. wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote: According to the latest FB-post there will not be a Daft Punk or Coldplay. One big US name with more then 2 million likes.

Where did you read that comment, I can't find it. Did they say they will just not announce them tomorrow or not at all this year?

They just don't go with the hints posted today - there are no British or French acts.

The biggest act (in terms of Facebook likes) is a US act with above 2 million likes.
B. wrote:

Just not tomorrow, so they might be released later.
Ah okay, makes sense. I thought it was an actual comment like about Radiohead.
Goddamn, I´m getting excited. Small band from Colombia probably suits me fine (if it´s not just a mere DJ), nothing but good stuff usually from Iceland and talks of Jenny Hval and Rancid tickles my funny bones.
Trentemöller for the big dance party seems obvious. Suits me fine, although I´ll probably see him here in March.
Here are my thoughts:

Denmark:
>400k - trentemøller

Germany:
>400k - moderat
<200k - modeselektor

USA:
<200 k - run the jewels (played 2015)/yeasayer/
> 2m - bon iver/vampire weekend

Norway:
<20k - Jenny hval
36 posts Page 2 of 3