Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
54 posts Page 4 of 4
Thet 67 is a great booking. This is why I love Roskilde. Never would have I heard of these guys or the state of the rap these days without Roskilde. I would have thoght Drake is where it is.
Wallu wrote: Thet 67 is a great booking. This is why I love Roskilde. Never would have I heard of these guys or the state of the rap these days without Roskilde. I would have thoght Drake is where it is.

Yeah I'm also pretty pleasantly surprised by that booking. I can't figure out yet if it's "The Shit" or a bit "Too Much" yet :)
Probably a bit too much, but the new sound is there... :) I´m surprised you didn´t share love for Rumparayo in your latter post, that´s a party for sure... Good start.
Wallu wrote: Probably a bit too much, but the new sound is there... :) I´m surprised you didn´t share love for Rumparayo in your latter post, that´s a party for sure... Good start.

I'll listen to the album in its entirety now then :D
I'm not impressed with this announcement. The other two festivals announced Radiohead and System of a Down, which would have been great headliners at Roskilde and more importantly two of my five wishes for Roskilde (I will see System of a down at Copenhell), while RF announce a bunch of small names, where I can't see anything, I want to see. It might change, when I listen to the unknown (for me) bands, but as somebody else said, they are totally missing the wow-factor.
Just discovered Afenginn. I have heard the name before, but never listened to a single second. They remind me of this years C'mon Tigre, which was one of the best concerts at the festival.

Good booking.
jonasporsborg wrote: Just discovered Afenginn. I have heard the name before, but never listened to a single second. They remind me of this years C'mon Tigre, which was one of the best concerts at the festival.

Good booking.

They were very good in 2010. I happened to walk by Pavillion and took a look inside where they were palying. Glad I did. One of my favourite concerts of all time in Roskilde.
The more I listen to Jenny Hval (or watch her youtube videos) the more excited I get. Great stuff. Not your average day in the mall, that is.
The only name I was happy about seeing was G-Eazy, even though it will be my 4th show with him in exactly two years.

Since then I have grown quite fond of Of Mice & Men, Angel Olsen, Pig Destroyer and Gangly. I do like Moderat and Trentemøller, but I have seen Trentemøller a couple of times at Roskilde by now, and I'm not sure I'm up for 3 hours of electronica with Moderat
54 posts Page 4 of 4