Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
54 posts Page 1 of 4
First 14 acts announced for Roskilde Festival 2017!

German giants Modeselektor and Moderat will join forces for the first time ever at Roskilde Festival 2017. They are among the first acts announced along with Angel Olsen, Of Mice and Men, G-Eazy, Jenny Hval and local hero Trentemøller. Many more acts will be announced soon.

With eight months to go until the 47th edition of Roskilde Festival, the first 14 acts have now been announced. About 175 acts will play #RF17.

Exclusive show by German fan favourites
For the first time ever, German giants Modeselektor and Moderat will perform together. The exclusive show will turn the festival’s iconic Orange Stage into a 60,000 capacity nightclub, showcasing the best of Berlin with the sensibilities of Moderat and the irresistible, dance-friendly Modeselektor hits.

Having conquered the Orange Stage in previous years, Danish electronic hero Trentemøller will take on the festival’s second-biggest stage, Arena, backed by a full band and his acclaimed, brand-new album Fixion that takes his sonic journey to new territories full of romance and darkness.

Hard-hitting rock and experimental pop
On the back of one of the most talked-about albums of 2016, My Woman, American indie darling Angel Olsen is seen as a unique voice of our times. She has joined the bill along with one of the most remarkable experimental artists of modern pop music, Norway’s Jenny Hval, who has already impressed the world with her album Blood Bitch, tackling both vampires and menstruation.

Turning up the guitars and amplifiers, hard-hitting bands Of Mice & Men and Pig Destroyer will both play the festival for the first time as tangible proof that rock music is far from dead. Iceage frontman Elias Rønnenfeldt, meanwhile, is taking his gloomy talents to new heights with his soulful solo project Marching Church.

These are the 14 acts announced for Roskilde Festival 2017 today:

MODERAT/MODESELEKTOR (DE)
TRENTEMØLLER (DK)
67 (UK)
AFENGINN (DK)
ANGEL OLSEN (US)
G-EAZY (US)
GANGLY (IS)
HIEROGLYPHIC BEING (US)
JENNY HVAL (NO)
MARCHING CHURCH (DK)
MATS GUSTAFSSON'S NU ENSEMBLE ”HIDROS ZAP” (INT)
OF MICE & MEN (US)
PIG DESTROYER (US)
ROMPERAYO (CO)

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/20 ... tival-2017
Sorry, but quite a shitty announcement.
That Moderat/Modeselektor mashup though
Why is it shitty? No big names? come on. fuck how that.

Of mice & men is fucking awesome
Pig destroyer is great
Trentemøller is great
I think the Moderat/modeselektor mash is a great booking
ect
They really should have waited until they had a better announcement than this. Would love to see Pig Destroyer and maybe Of Mice And Men too though. Jenny Hval is good too and Angel Olsen is incredibly hyped at the moment.
Moderat/Modeselektor is a cool booking. Could be quite the party.
Romperayo consists of solid solid guys from columbia, but this new stuff sounds a bit too weird for me. Still a cool booking.
I think Trentemøller is a bit too soon, but it fits well with new album.

I'm a little disappointed, as there's not really anything I personally want to see...
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: They really should have waited until they had a better announcement than this. Would love to see Pig Destroyer and maybe Of Mice And Men too though. Jenny Hval is good too and Angel Olsen is incredibly hyped at the moment.

No they should not. Roskilde show perfect with it why they are awesome. It is not about the headliners it is about all of the problem
I´m quite happy with the fact that I got 5 names on my list already. Afenginn and Romperayo for those unique Roskilde parties. Jenny Hval is great and I tjhin I like Angel Olsen too. As I said earlier I´ll see Trentemöller in Helsinki, but still can´t complain him playing in Roskilde also. There´s nothing special though. And as special I mean in terms of bigger names.

EDIT: that Mats Gustavssonś Zappa band will be great. This is turning out to being a good day... :)
Isn´t it the first time they have a first announcement without 1 headliner in the mix.
At kleast Moderat/Modeselektor will be headlining if not Trentemöller also.
Compared to what other festivals have started releasing this autumn, this release was quite dissapointing to me. But still a lot of acts to come, so not to worried yet:)
G-Eazy could also be a headliner. Depends on the deal and the rest of the line-up.
I think in terms of big names itś going to be a hard future for Roskilde so if oneś looking for major acts, there will be disappointments. I´m not and the start this year gives me hope for the quality smaller names to return after quite a lame line-up last year in that sense.
They´ve already divided the bands in categories in the music section of the festivalś internet page. By the look of that we would already have two headliners. That can change of course.
Wallu wrote: At kleast Moderat/Modeselektor will be headlining if not Trentemöller also.

Perhaps you are right, Trentemøller is offcourse the traditionally danish headliner but Modeselektor by themself will not be headlining but perhaps they will headline as Modesektor/Moderat as its a unique collaboration.
54 posts Page 1 of 4