A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
As the title says we get some new areas for camping next year.

Most of the regular camping has been moved from P to the new area where the gravel pit was.

Instead they have moved get a place to P and expanded it.

Get a Place fills roughly 50% of P, Settle and Share 25% and some regular camping at the buttom for the rest of the P area.

And since get a place has moved south I´m guessing they have more room for Get A Tent and they have also added Get A Tent recycling with recycled tents.

Else I can´t see anymore change but all in all it should mean that the camping areas shouldn´t be so packed as they have been the previous years.

http://drw5li4pnyc3g.cloudfront.net/200 ... 17-map.pdf
Yeah looks like more camping place, that is awesome. And I like that the get a place have be come bigger. Help a lot of ppl
Yes it seems like regular camping stays roughly the same size, perhaps a little bit bigger but get a place has expanded alot and I think thats good for those people who can´t for some reason participate for the full 8 days but still needs to camp together.

So more space but the same amount of people. a win/win situation even though some people don´t like that the "luxury" camps has expanded alot.
bongo-anders wrote: Yes it seems like regular camping stays roughly the same size, perhaps a little bit bigger but get a place has expanded alot and I think thats good for those people who can´t for some reason participate for the full 8 days but still needs to camp together.

So more space but the same amount of people. a win/win situation even though some people don´t like that the "luxury" camps has expanded alot.

I used to dont like it. But I have seen the light. And get a place I dont see at luxury in the same way. I have accepter the real luxury, but get a place just helps ppl. As a metal guy the clash with Copenhell and Camping opning is a big problem, get a place can help there (dont know if we do that, but it is for use a nice option to have)
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: I used to dont like it. But I have seen the light. And get a place I dont see at luxury in the same way. I have accepter the real luxury, but get a place just helps ppl. As a metal guy the clash with Copenhell and Camping opning is a big problem, get a place can help there (dont know if we do that, but it is for use a nice option to have)

A flatmate of mine lived in a camp this year where basically all of them were attending Copenhell as well. They wanted to stay in Silent & Clean so quite a few of them had to go in the queue etc., quickly set up camp and race back to Copenhagen to not miss too much. I'm sure they would have considered something like Get a Place had they been aware of these complications in due time.
I camped in Get a Place and absolutely loved it. I can't stand the queuing anymore.
Just checked out the new map, Good to see the space where the old gravel was pit being used for tents , with the extra room in the new camping area does that mean there is more average space for people camping, or Is it possible for RF to increase the number of camping tickets?
There has never been any camping tickets, all 80.000 tickets include camping and so does the 30.000 volunteer jobs.

Its only the 20.000 single day tickets thats not includes camping.

But to answer your question. Yes there will be more room for camping but it has gone to the get a place camping area.
So you have to pay to get access to the extra room :-)
Increased camping space won't lead to more visitors. It's the inner festival site with the stages that sets the bar and unless the organisers come up with something really radical here, it's kinda carved in stone that the area can't absorb a much greater attendance than it already does.

However, additions like the Apollo Stage which actually reclaims an area that was once camping and can accomodate a huge amount of people under the open sky, helps.

Mind you, the northernmost area of Camping West (agora B/Street City) also used to be a festival area with one stage...
It will be pretty exciting to have East back in pre-gravel pit state, if only it included the dutch raver busses ;)
BigL wrote: It will be pretty exciting to have East back in pre-gravel pit state, if only it included the dutch raver busses ;)

I remember them, they were (sorry to say) awful.

How many years is that back in time, 15-20 years?
10 posts Page 1 of 1