A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
The price of the ticket goes up again. How much was it last year? It´s beginning to hurt a little bit as I´m poor. Still, I have to buy that Silent & Clean ticket as well. That´s an extra 100 DKK.
Wallu wrote: The price of the ticket goes up again. How much was it last year? It´s beginning to hurt a little bit as I´m poor. Still, I have to buy that Silent & Clean ticket as well. That´s an extra 100 DKK.

They where 1995,- plus fee last year as well, so do not think there has been any increase.
Ok, I checked too and it wasn´t that bad, 200 DKK in five years. Just getting on my wallet pretty much. Hopefully there´s one headliner I´d like. Would make it a bit more worthwhile. The warmup days are still the reason why I pay the price, it´s not that bad for an eight day party.
I agree its good value for the quality and lenght of festival , I find I,m spending a little less at RF the last year or two, probably due to not able to party as hard as I did when I started going :( . All I need to do is bag some cheap flights soon and I,m sorted. :D
Expensive or not, Get A Tent Central medium has just sold out, that is crazy.
Has been going quite fast for a few years but selling out on the day the tickets go on sale I've not seen before.
This is the get-a-tent area where most people arrive only for the last 4 (main music) days that probably just come for the acts.
I'm not even sure if you can enter that camping area during the earlier warm-up days.
B. wrote: Has been going quite fast for a few years but selling out on the day the tickets go on sale I've not seen before.
This is the get-a-tent area where most people arrive only for the last 4 (main music) days that probably just come for the acts.
I'm not even sure if you can enter that camping area during the earlier warm-up days.

The central one that sold out opens the day before the music start, the one in the east is open for the warm up days as well.
Tenthouse is also sold out now.
bongo-anders wrote: Tenthouse is also sold out now.

And in central both small and medium tents have sold out, so that camp is already full.
Wallu wrote: Ok, I checked too and it wasn´t that bad, 200 DKK in five years. Just getting on my wallet pretty much. Hopefully there´s one headliner I´d like. Would make it a bit more worthwhile. The warmup days are still the reason why I pay the price, it´s not that bad for an eight day party.

I think a rise of 40-50 kr. per year more or less only just about covers general price inflation. Roskilde is actually cheaper than its biggest domestic competitor – Smukfest in Skanderborg.

Northside jacked their ticket prices up by almost 200 kr. from 2016-2017 :shock:
tenthouse / get a tent should already be sold out. However its easy and cheap to buy a tent on the festival it you dont want to carry it along, or buy from places like festivalkits.dk and pick up the tent next to the festival area.
Pretty impressive: Yesterday all camping specials sold out

Except MC, Caravan and Sleep-In Busses.

Leaves the question, to what extend should the festival offer these deals? Will all camping one day be these new special types, or will the old fashioned camping (and following cleanup) still go strong?
BigL wrote: Pretty impressive: Yesterday all camping specials sold out

Leaves the question, to what extend should the festival offer these deals? Will all camping one day be these new special types, or will the old fashioned camping (and following cleanup) still go strong?

The classic camping will live on strong, if not, Roskilde at we know it will die. I think it is great that the special campin offers are there. But if you want the classic Roskilde camp, that is not where you got. But if you are getting older, might not be able to go all days ect. it is awesome.
We might we more of it, but it will not take over like on Smukfest. I cant see that happing
No need to worry about the camping changing that much. Those pre-pitched tents are located only in M and the real major change is P being almost entirely for Get-a-Place people. So, maybe people will arrive a bit later in P, but I don´t see that as a threat as the vast majority will be there on Saturday anyway. So glad there´s more room on the camping site.
BigL wrote: Pretty impressive: Yesterday all camping specials sold out

I can't believe this... I remember having bought GAT as late as early april in 2014.
Really, things are changing. I don't know what to think about it. I would hate to see the regular camping slowly disappear in the next year, but clearly, there is strong demand for special accomodation ; and by the way I contribute to this demand, because being an old, lonesome guy I find the GAT much more convenient...
18 posts Page 1 of 2