Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Any idea what kind of performance / production from Justice we can expect?
Since the last two albums have a lot of tracks with vocals (most from the same singer I believe) and sound a lot more like they are recorded with musicians, can we expect a production with a live band?
Does anyone know they with performed the previous album? Or didn't they tour at that time?
I saw them twice on their tour with their last album. One show in Falconer and one on Northside. Both of them were as DJ-performance with visuals only. But they were a blast!
Also watched them at Falconer + Northside. Completely insane shows.

I'm not really an electronic guy, but Justice just does it. Please make a 100% DJ-set and tear Orange Stage apart.
I´m not that much in to electronic music myself, but I think this will be one of the highlights of my Roskilde year. Moderat/Modeselektor doesn´t tickle me in any way, but Justice can be one amazing party.
Yeah I've seen them during their Cross album tour and it was great, but mostly because I really liked the whole album and to hear it on a large sounds system, their 'performance' was just typical DJ/ knob twiddling.
I am hoping they will perform with a band and the vocalist but it will be a party either way!
B. wrote: Yeah I've seen them during their Cross album tour and it was great, but mostly because I really liked the whole album and to hear it on a large sounds system, their 'performance' was just typical DJ/ knob twiddling.
I am hoping they will perform with a band and the vocalist but it will be a party either way!

I wouldn't expect a full band. They may have softened up their sound a tad on the new album, but it's still very much electronics and samples as opposed to Daft Punk's more organic approach as of lately. As for the vocalist(s) they've worked with several different ones, but Morgan Phalen seems to be a staple.
www.justice.church/tour/

Wednesday closing act in Orange stage.
Jackster1976 wrote: http://www.justice.church/tour/

A placeholder? If not, it'd be the first time in four years when there's a night show at Orange on the first music day. Well, Justice would do the trick so much better than the very mediocre Ingrid in 2013.
posse wrote:
Jackster1976 wrote: http://www.justice.church/tour/

A placeholder? If not, it'd be the first time in four years when there's a night show at Orange on the first music day. Well, Justice would do the trick so much better than the very mediocre Ingrid in 2013.

Could be a placeholder, but thinking about the potential Orange Stage night shows we have at least four contenders for four night slots atm. (Justice, Moderat/Modeselektor, The Weeknd and Den Sorte Skole), so they could very well be playing Wednesday.
But The Weeknd are already playing wednesday as well right. So he will have the 22.00 show and then Justice at 01.00 maybe. Crazy day at Orange...
If it is a placeholder then its the only one on the whole tour schedule, point is I think they are performing on the 28th.
11 posts Page 1 of 1