Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I started a post in the 2017-thread, but that one is getting crazy long already.

Soundgarden, A Perfect Circle and Metallica was announced for some festivals in the states in april and may. We need something harder rocking than Foo Fighters headlining the poster! Or do we? Any chance these bands would pop up in Europe or would we have seen them by now? At this point do we mainly look at other festivals or can 'anything' still happen?

If I look around in Europe not many potential headliners in this category is left. Linkin Park or Green Day (Tinderbox)? Deep Purple at Hellfest.

With 3 Electronic headliners I assume the next ones will be in another category. You could start the same thread for Hip-hop :D
Once Roskilde always had a metal headliner. Hasn't been one in years though. I think their focus is elsewhere now sadly.
I don't think we'll see a metal headliner this year, and it's not really the festival's fault this time around, but more a case of weak turnout in the touring roster next summer. The obvious ones are already snagged by Copenhell, while Hellfest has adorned the top of their poster with poop like Deep Purple and Linkin Park. Thankfully, Aerosmith and G'n'R have already both announced that they're doing their own gig instead of festivals in Denmark.

I think the best case scenario is one like 2012 with a handful of really solid subs instead of one huge name. Just looking at the Hellfest poster, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames, Steel Panther, Ministry, Emperor, Behemoth, Rancid, The Damned, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Primus all seem like good candidates.
I would love to see Soundgarden as a headliner, but I don't find it very likely.

When it comes to subliners, some possibilities are Mastodon, Gojira, In flames(?), Coheed and Cambria and maybe even Alter Bridge!
Coldblooded wrote: I don't think we'll see a metal headliner this year, and it's not really the festival's fault this time around, but more a case of weak turnout in the touring roster next summer. The obvious ones are already snagged by Copenhell, while Hellfest has adorned the top of their poster with poop like Deep Purple and Linkin Park. Thankfully, Aerosmith and G'n'R have already both announced that they're doing their own gig instead of festivals in Denmark.

I think the best case scenario is one like 2012 with a handful of really solid subs instead of one huge name. Just looking at the Hellfest poster, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames, Steel Panther, Ministry, Emperor, Behemoth, Rancid, The Damned, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Primus all seem like good candidates.

Hellfest really did poop out the top of their poster :D. I'm not a metal-fan at all, but the poster is just quite electronic at the top, with alternative act AF and Rock act FF. The American festivals just kickstarted a little hope of seeing either APC or Soundgarden fly over to Europe.

My next question then is who will top the bill from now on if we look around? Van Morrison, Alt J, Bon Iver, The xx (too much electronic) or a Hip-hop-act? It feels like something must be lurking un-announced.
Bunse wrote: I would love to see Soundgarden as a headliner, but I don't find it very likely.

When it comes to subliners, some possibilities are Mastodon, Gojira, In flames(?), Coheed and Cambria and maybe even Alter Bridge!

We just had Gojira last year and Mastodon seems a little too soon as well. The others might be better options :).
Like most her I have a hardtime seeing Roskilde get a metalheadliner this year. But a lot of the bands around out there I want to see it not headliner, so if no-metal headliner mens more metal/hardcore/hardrock acts in total, it is fine by me
Well, we had no real metal headliner in 2016 (I really don't think that Tenacious D counts), and it still was an amazing year in regards to that genre. I'm hopeful. Already some banging names: Neurosis, Pig Destroyer, Red Fang. Personally not a fan of Of Mice and Men, but they have a pretty big following. And more's to come. So although there's a chance we won't see any metal at Orange, I'm confident that Arena, Avalon and Pavillon will be slammin'!
8 posts Page 1 of 1