Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Really sad to see that they missed Mark Lanegan this year also. He announced a European summer tour yesterday and Roskilde would have fit perfect in the schedule. But Roskilde isn't on the list.

I wonder if it's because he was fighting with the security guys when he played with Screaming Trees in 1992.

The festival really needs some artists like Lanegan. Old school alternitive acts who still make excellent albums like him, Dinosaur Jr, Spiritualized, Afghan Whigs and more.
gixbit1 wrote: Really sad to see that they missed Mark Lanegan this year also. He announced a European summer tour yesterday and Roskilde would have fit perfect in the schedule. But Roskilde isn't on the list.

I wonder if it's because he was fighting with the security guys when he played with Screaming Trees in 1992.

The festival really needs some artists like Lanegan. Old school alternitive acts who still make excellent albums like him, Dinosaur Jr, Spiritualized, Afghan Whigs and more.

He *could* still be waiting in the wings. It's not uncommon for semi-big artists to announce a tour and then have left Roskilde out in the announcement because the festival wants to announce them at their own leisure. It has happened more times before than I can count on my hands and toes.
Coldblooded wrote:
gixbit1 wrote: Really sad to see that they missed Mark Lanegan this year also. He announced a European summer tour yesterday and Roskilde would have fit perfect in the schedule. But Roskilde isn't on the list.

He *could* still be waiting in the wings. It's not uncommon for semi-big artists to announce a tour and then have left Roskilde out in the announcement because the festival wants to announce them at their own leisure. It has happened more times before than I can count on my hands and toes.

Yes, that's right and there is a free date on friday 30th. But it doesn't really fits the travelling (he plays Rock Werchter on thursday and Eindhoven on saturday). And he usually have some days off so it's very unlikely that he plays Roskilde.
So both Lady Gaga and Nick Cave can be ruled out. They are both playing Royal Arena in october.

I was at the concert in 92.

After they kicked one of the monitors off stage threw a drum out among the crowd, threadened/attacked the stage personal with fists, drumsticks guitars and and other stuff, they finally left the stage.

Afterwards the conferencier (I think it was) came on stage saying: I hope you enjoyed the concert with Screeming Trees, because you will never see them again on Roskilde Festival.
ppholst wrote:

I was at the concert in 92.

After they kicked one of the monitors off stage threw a drum out among the crowd, threadened/attacked the stage personal with fists, drumsticks guitars and and other stuff, they finally left the stage.

Afterwards the conferencier (I think it was) came on stage saying: I hope you enjoyed the concert with Screeming Trees, because you will never see them again on Roskilde Festival.

Yes, I was there too in 1992. Crazy year with Pearl Jam and Nirvana also.
But Mark Lanegan has been back. But that was with Soulsavers in 2007. That concert was also a little shaky because they played a very short set. I guess Lanegan isn't really a festival artist but he plays Werchter and Glastonbury so it's a shame Roskilde missed him. On a good day he's an excellent live artist.
Oh, I didn´t know that he played in 07. Maybe the conferencier from 92 forgot to inform the new Roskilde employees about his "promise" :-)

And yes 92 was a crazy year Faith No More, Invocator, Megadeth, Nuclear Assault, Teenage Fanclub, The Pogues.
Mad Cool Festival in Spain, which is the weekend after Roskilde just announced new bands:

Peter, Bjorn & John has been added to Mad Cool Festival. I think they are a pretty good guess to play Roskilde
Lanegan played at Roskilde in 07 with Soulsavers. They too had a bit of a wierd, sudden exit though. Never found out what that was about. If anything...
Chic and Nile Rodgers to Fredagsrock, a shame not at Roskilde but I can still catch them so its not so bad.
I saw them couple of years ago in Flow festival. That was really great, recommended!! Shame that they don´t play Roskilde, indeed.
Fredagsrock is shit, unless you like your live music at the lowest possible volume, mumbled to pieces by a completely disinterested audience. Shame about Chic going there and not Roskilde
Hilltop Hoods might strengthen the hiphop lineup:

http://hilltophoods.tumblr.com/
HIM will be playing Tuska festival saturday the 1. of july as a part of a farewell tour.
31 posts Page 2 of 3