Present your camp or share camp experiences.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
According to this article:

http://sn.dk/Roskilde/Knudepunkt-paa-Ro ... kel/619497

the festival will get a new permanent bridge in 2018 between East and West instead of the temporary scaffolding bridge that is erected annually. The details are still in planning...
Sounds like a great plan
Noooo, the bridge is a sight.
Wallu wrote: Noooo, the bridge is a sight.

I fear for my life every year on it
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Yep, me too... :D But that´s a part of the whole Roskilde experience.
Behind the Apollo stage, that means that Apollo will be moved slightly.

Is it the City Center West and Clean Out Loud area that will turn into a gravel pit or is further up at C?
bongo-anders wrote: Behind the Apollo stage, that means that Apollo will be moved slightly.

Is it the City Center West and Clean Out Loud area that will turn into a gravel pit or is further up at C?

As far as I know, gravel digging on Camping West is quite some years into the future. They'll begin digging way out east of Køgevej first and not until the resources are exhausted there, they'll move west.
Wallu wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Yep, me too... :D But that´s a part of the whole Roskilde experience.

Always loved the sound of all the footsteps and the creaking of the metal underfoot and somewhat surprised I never fell up or down it in party mode. :D
WTF ???
So '17 will be the bridge's last year ? That's a pity...
The unmistakable sound of people walking on the bridge remained in my ears long after the festival...
Also, in the state of idleness usually associated with end of warmup nights, the prospect of having to climb on top of this improbable assembly to go "home" meant that I used to stay in C much longer than expected or planned.

The article says that the bridge will move to the north, but it can't be by a wide extent, as it is already pretty close from the festival area border.
They have to build-in the sound of the "old" bridge.

But I won't miss the feeling in my stomach, when I start the travel down the stairs 3AM after drinking 2 pallets of beer.
ppholst wrote: But I won't miss the feeling in my stomach, when I start the travel down the stairs 3AM after drinking 2 pallets of beer.

Well, from this very point of view, a new bridge might not be very different, unless they build a lift or an escalator, which I doubt :)
11 posts Page 1 of 1