Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Image

Roskilde announced that the announcement for 2016 are over, and 134 acts will be added in 2017 to complete the lineup.

What do you think of the announced acts so far?

What do you think of this new festival trend of announcing acts so early?
Were lacking a lot in the bigger names, bu I´m glad that the smaller acts are once again full of gems. Last year (when I didn´t attend) I found the smaller acts quite weak, which was the first time since I started going again in 2009. Glad that´s fixed this year. That´s what makes Roskilde so special for me, music-wise.
Wallu wrote: Were lacking a lot in the bigger names, bu I´m glad that the smaller acts are once again full of gems. Last year (when I didn´t attend) I found the smaller acts quite weak, which was the first time since I started going again in 2009. Glad that´s fixed this year. That´s what makes Roskilde so special for me, music-wise.


I don't agree at all :D . You can't really get a much bigger pop-headliner than The Weeknd, Rock Headliner than Foo Fighters or Indie Headliner than Arcade Fire - I'm quite impressed. Like them or not they are solid solid bookings, and I'll most likely attend all of them (+Moderat and Justice if I'm up for a party).

I'm not super exited about the small names yet. Compared to last year, where I ended up seeing Anderson .Paak!, Destroyer, Pat Thomas, Baba Commandant, Föllakzoid, Blues Pills, Ho99o9, Frank Carter, Uncle Acid. Most of them killer concerts. I was super sad to miss Blood Orange as well, but it was simultaneus with PJ Harvey AND Baba Commandant.
I'm expecting a lot more quality in the small names in the new year! I only got 2-3 "want to see" so far.
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Were lacking a lot in the bigger names, bu I´m glad that the smaller acts are once again full of gems. Last year (when I didn´t attend) I found the smaller acts quite weak, which was the first time since I started going again in 2009. Glad that´s fixed this year. That´s what makes Roskilde so special for me, music-wise.


I don't agree at all :D . You can't really get a much bigger pop-headliner than The Weeknd, Rock Headliner than Foo Fighters or Indie Headliner than Arcade Fire - I'm quite impressed. Like them or not they are solid solid bookings, and I'll most likely attend all of them (+Moderat and Justice if I'm up for a party).

I'm not super exited about the small names yet. Compared to last year, where I ended up seeing Anderson .Paak!, Destroyer, Pat Thomas, Baba Commandant, Föllakzoid, Blues Pills, Ho99o9, Frank Carter, Uncle Acid. Most of them killer concerts. I was super sad to miss Blood Orange as well, but it was simultaneus with PJ Harvey AND Baba Commandant.
I'm expecting a lot more quality in the small names in the new year! I only got 2-3 "want to see" so far.


Well that´s quite the opposite thinking indeed. :D I have to admit that the lacking in big names is really matter of personal taste. But for my liking the quality is not there, big maybe but not that good.

There were a lot of good smaller names last year of course, but not as many as there usually is. I tend to have 50+ names on my list every year and I think I didn´t have 30 last year. But probably that´s just because I couldn´t go and I´m still whining about it... :D (just checked the line-up from last year and it doesn´t look as bad as I remembered).

Where I know you are wrong... :D is the smaller names this year. There are a lot of gems already : 67, Jenny Hval, Vanishing Twin, Viagra Boys, Red Fang, Romperayo, Hidros Zap and a lot of great world music still to come. So I think we´re ok in that department.

Btw which stage did Anderson. Paak! play in Roskilde? I missed him on Flow Festival just because of bad attitude (thought he wasn´t that good only to discover later how wrong I was). Saw Pat Thomas here though. Solid performance, you really can´t go wrog with afrobeat. Always a party. Missed Morrisey because of him.
Headliners: Besides Modeselektor and Trentemøller, I think the headliners look quite strong. FF for a great rock party. Arcade Fire for a even greater concert (i better like AF than FF). And Justice for a motherfucker crazy party.
Looking at previous years, they often bring 8 headliners, so maybe we have two left? Hope for a Roger Waters-ish sbooking.

Subliners: Not really anything for my taste, but I think it looks really solid with names like Blink, Den Sorte Skole and Solange.

The small ones: As always packed with quality, if you want to sit down and discover some new music. In this "section" of the poster I have 8 bands on my list. Afenginn, Angel Olsen, Kevin Morb (!!!! top must see), Kellermensch etc.

All in all. Even though the top of the programme is a bit too pop-electro-ish, I think they have booked some of the strongest names out there. When looking at them, it's all bands that fits Orange Stage (.. Trentemøller playing Arena, i know that).

So.. I' happy! Bring more music!
There's already more to see in 2017 than 2016 for me, and we're not even half through the programme! We have 2-3 headliners left, and I'm hoping Phil Collins and A Trine Called Quest will be between them. And who knows? There might be a surprise headliner - an exclusive we haven't considered. We'll just have to wait and see.

The one band I'm hoping for this year is The Dillinger Escape Plan. They're stopping in 2017, so they'll probably attend Roskilde or Copenhell, and since they cancellled Roskilde the last time, I hope for them here.
Wallu wrote: Btw which stage did Anderson. Paak! play in Roskilde? I missed him on Flow Festival just because of bad attitude (thought he wasn´t that good only to discover later how wrong I was). Saw Pat Thomas here though. Solid performance, you really can´t go wrog with afrobeat. Always a party. Missed Morrisey because of him.


He played Apollo friday afternoon. I think it was as early as 14:00. Missed it too. :(
Mikkel256 wrote:
Wallu wrote: Btw which stage did Anderson. Paak! play in Roskilde? I missed him on Flow Festival just because of bad attitude (thought he wasn´t that good only to discover later how wrong I was). Saw Pat Thomas here though. Solid performance, you really can´t go wrog with afrobeat. Always a party. Missed Morrisey because of him.


He played Apollo friday afternoon. I think it was as early as 14:00. Missed it too. :(



Well, he and the band seemingly did alright, but the sound was terrible - Run the Jewels at Arena all over again. I saw ten or fifteen minutes, but after that I decided I'd be better off nursing my hangover.
DukeofDK wrote: Well, he and the band seemingly did alright, but the sound was terrible - Run the Jewels at Arena all over again. I saw ten or fifteen minutes, but after that I decided I'd be better off nursing my hangover.

He got good reviews. My flatmate was fairly close to the stage and said it was great. But from where I was standing (a bit further back behind the front of house) it was almost exclusively bass coming through. That wasn't very fun.
Maagen wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: Well, he and the band seemingly did alright, but the sound was terrible - Run the Jewels at Arena all over again. I saw ten or fifteen minutes, but after that I decided I'd be better off nursing my hangover.

He got good reviews. My flatmate was fairly close to the stage and said it was great. But from where I was standing (a bit further back behind the front of house) it was almost exclusively bass coming through. That wasn't very fun.


Sounds like you had the same experience that I did. But awesome that those closer to the stage had a good time - just too bad the sound techs weren't able to make everyone happy. :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron