A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
42 posts Page 2 of 3
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Yeah, I think I liked the old way better. Even though it´s always a special day when thay announce 25 names.

I enjoyed the old way a lot better - it was easier to give each and every band an honest listen through. I completely understand why they have changed though, as each individual announcements becomes more of a "pow-wow" now.

When you say "The old way", it makes me think back some couple of years. In the late 80s and beginning of 90s Roskilde Festival had an answering machine you should call.

When you dialed the number a voice came "welcome to Roskilde Festival announcements" from Denmark, Gnags. From Germany, Die Toten Hosen, From Sweden, Cornelis Vreeswijk........

And if you couldn't (I couldn't) write fast enough, you had to call up again to get all the acts written on paper. After that it was time to go to the library, and hope they had as much of the music as possible.

Back to the real life..I liked the Wednesday news.

Personally I think Roskilde should reveal the acts, the second they sign the deal, but marketing vice I know that's not a good idea.
ppholst wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Yeah, I think I liked the old way better. Even though it´s always a special day when thay announce 25 names.

I enjoyed the old way a lot better - it was easier to give each and every band an honest listen through. I completely understand why they have changed though, as each individual announcements becomes more of a "pow-wow" now.

When you say "The old way", it makes me think back some couple of years. In the late 80s and beginning of 90s Roskilde Festival had an answering machine you should call.

When you dialed the number a voice came "welcome to Roskilde Festival announcements" from Denmark, Gnags. From Germany, Die Toten Hosen, From Sweden, Cornelis Vreeswijk........

And if you couldn't (I couldn't) write fast enough, you had to call up again to get all the acts written on paper. After that it was time to go to the library, and hope they had as much of the music as possible.

Back to the real life..I liked the Wednesday news.

Personally I think Roskilde should reveal the acts, the second they sign the deal, but marketing vice I know that's not a good idea.

Cool, I would have spent an entire fortune on foreign calls... :D

In my first years on the festival I had no idea who were playing as internet wasn´t such a bit deal back then. Looking back on those lineups is quite hard for missing out so much, (the main problem might have been hanging in the camp all day stoned and drunk not the fact that we were uninformed) :)
There were no problems by hanging in the camp stoned and drunk. As a 16 year old dude in 91, it was in fact pretty easy :-)

At that time we always had a gettoblaster (not like the soundsystems today) with 4 c-cell batteries. From that we got all the needed information of cancellations, changes and music program from Radio Roskilde.
ppholst wrote: Today we only have to wait 4 month, that's only 1/3 of a year.

I am so busy these days that I missed the date... Thanks ppholst for the reminder :)
It's easy....100 days left.

It's gonna be yet another perfect festival.
Now we only need 2 digits
Great ! Thanks for reminder :)
Only 26 days to go!! The festival fever keeps building up and I find myself thinking about it more and more... Anybody else?
Wallu wrote: Only 26 days to go!! The festival fever keeps building up and I find myself thinking about it more and more... Anybody else?

The fever is real. Our camp just got its 10th member buying his ticket. I've got pretty much everything ready, ticket, beer-tickets, tent and chair. Would not mind these days just fly away :)
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Only 26 days to go!! The festival fever keeps building up and I find myself thinking about it more and more... Anybody else?

The fever is real. Our camp just got its 10th member buying his ticket. I've got pretty much everything ready, ticket, beer-tickets, tent and chair. Would not mind these days just fly away :)

Just got my tent yesterday, so I pretty much have everything I need now. The tent should hold water out pretty effectly, so I´m ready for another rain soaked year. (I still believe in that 10 year curse)

Ready - set - GO

My tent has been delivered to my brother, who's going to be a part of the "setup the camp group". Check

I will not be able to arrive at Roskilde until Monday evening, so Saturday, Sunday and Monday (on job) will be horrible.

I know the feeling I,dont arrive until Monday too :bang: . But my mind is going to be nowhere else all weekend.
I will arrive in CPH on Friday this year, attend Copenhell, then move to Roskilde for the opening of the gates. From there I will send good vibes to you guys working until Monday...
24 days left now !
Just got my ticket, later than I used to, but it is hard times financially. OK, Fernet Branca in store and rubber-boots ready, I still have to bake the obligatory Logan-bread, Fever is rising, and this little secret smile on my face tells about the soon coming of this years best week. See you.

Noer wrote: Just got my ticket, later than I used to, but it is hard times financially. OK, Fernet Branca in store and rubber-boots ready, I still have to bake the obligatory Logan-bread, Fever is rising, and this little secret smile on my face tells about the soon coming of this years best week. See you.

Now we are in the right month, at least.

Noer: Good about your ticket and the Fernet...but don't you think it will be uncomfortable to walk around in 20-23 degrees in rubber boots?

And at last: what is a Logan-bread?
42 posts Page 2 of 3