Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
33 posts Page 1 of 3
Here is some saturday thoughts - to kill time.
My guess on The Orange Schedule.

Wednedsday:
18.00 (Phlake)
22.00 The Weeknd

Thursday:
17.00 (Alt-J)
19.00 (The XX)
22.00 (Nine Inch Nails)
01.00 Den Sorte Skole

Friday:
17.00 (Tina Dickow)
19.00 Blink 182
21.30 Foo Fighters
01.00 Moderat/Modelselektor

Saturday:
17.00 (Simon Kvamm)
19.00 A Tribe Called Quest
22.00 Arcade Fire
01.00 Justice

Am I too optimistic with new acts ?
Some good suggestions. I really hope that you're right about both The XX and Nine Inch Nails! However, would these two (relatively small) headliners be enough to sell out Thursdag? I know that Alt-J is also pretty popular, but in comparisson to The Weeknd, Foo Fighters and aTQC+AF+Justice, the day kinda pales.

Also, Tina Dickow. If she gets booked, do you think that Orange is the right choice? I'm thinking Arena, then have some crazy party band play Orange. As it looks now, Orange needs an afternoon/early evening party (World music or something). But these are just my few cents. Same goes for Simon Kvamm, who I do think is a good suggestion :)

EDIT: Unfortunately, I missed out on NIN in 2009, but from what I've heard, attendance was very weak at their show. Maybe they'd fit better at Arena, just like Slayer in 2016?
Good guesses, but remind me that there´s not much for me to see on Orange this year. Oh well, have to stick to the smaller stages then. No prob.

Does anybody knoe will A Tribe Called Quest have a live band or just some dj backing them up?
The Weeknd is confirmed for Wednesday by Roskilde. Hence there are not many Orange slots available for Wednesday. According to websites of Blink 182 and Justice both of them would also perform on Wednesday. It is of course possible that those dates are so called placeholders. However it is unlikely at least in the case of Blink because they are in Berlin on Thursday and in Werchter on Saturday. If both Justice and Blink play on Wednesday, then Blink would have to take Arena because Justice is already confirmed for Orange. However if only Blink will play on Wednesday, then it is possible that they could take the earlier Orange slot just like Outkast in 2014. On the other hand I find it likely that Justice will perform on Wednesday because they are in Open Air St Gallen on Friday and in Garorock France on Sunday.

Moderat is also confirmed already for Orange. They are in Opener Festival on Friday so they must either perform on Thursday or close on Saturday. It is good to keep in mind that Trentemoller will play Arena, probably during night time. It would not be a wise move to put him play at the same time as Moderat which is somewhat similar genre. Trentemoller is in Switzerland on Saturday so it's likely that he will perform on Thursday or Friday. Would that leave Moderat/Modeselektor as the closing Orange act? They apparently have a long set to play.

On Arcade Fire website it is stated that they will play on Saturday. I think they will have the prime time slot.

Of the announced acts perhaps Lorde or Solange have potential to be an Orange act.
If Justice is on at Wednesday as their tour schedule says then I could imagine that Blink will play up against The Weeknd on Arena.

Then Orange will look something like this.

18:00 - Opening act
21:00 - The Weeknd
Around midnight (23:30-24:00) - Justice
Wallu wrote: Good guesses, but remind me that there´s not much for me to see on Orange this year. Oh well, have to stick to the smaller stages then. No prob.

Does anybody knoe will A Tribe Called Quest have a live band or just some dj backing them up?

A Tribe Called Quest performed with a band (sort of) last at the Grammys

With Tina Dickow playing Northside I would rule her out. Simon Kvamm on the other hand is a very solid guess but maybe only for Arena.
Phlake as the opener is also a very good guess. The only reason they shouldn't open is the fact that they are playing both Tinderbox and Northside.
I think its a bit to optimistic about thursday. But how many headliners do we have left? 1, 2 or maybe more?
I've had some time as well to look into the Orange Schedule. I've moved Blink and Justice to Wednesday. Moved ATCQ to thursday to get that day sold out. Inserted Lumineers and Lorde, whom I think both will take on Orange.

In terms of acts not yet booked I've erased some of the danes and NIN. It looks more realistic with Van Morrison, Alt-J, The XX and maybe Kasabian, who are all touring around Roskilde. But we also have to wait and see what Roskilde has got in store. Maybe there's yet another surprise :)

How does it look?:

Wednedsday:
18.00 Blink 182 (But more likely a danish open'er)
21.30 The Weeknd
00.00 Justice

Thursday:
17.00 (Van Morrison) (All dates available)
19.00 (Alt J) (In Werchter and Open Air Saturday/Sunday. A Thursday show fits tour schedule best I think)
22.00 A Tribe Called Quest
01.00 (The XX) (Saturday in Poland)

Friday:
17.00 (Danish act)
19.00 Lorde
22.00 Foo Fighters
01.00 Den Sorte Skole

Saturday:
17.00 The Lumineers (In US untill Thursday, and from description on Roskilde Website: "Get ready to sing along in the sun!")
19.00 (Kasabian)
22.00 Arcade Fire
01.00 Moderat/Modelselektor
jonathansoegaard wrote: Inserted Lumineers and Lorde, whom I think both will take on Orange.

I think I remember Anders Wahren in a radio interview stating that Lorde would play Arena, so I would not expect her to play Orange. But nice detective work with The Lumineers, I'll buy it! :D Whether or not they fit that stage, I'm not so sure...
Sting?

He's touring Germany in June, and have a free slot between Germany and Spain 24/6 - 8/7.

Mark Lanegan?

He has been mentioned before. He's in Germany, but with no concerts between 28/6 - 4/7
Toxoman wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: Inserted Lumineers and Lorde, whom I think both will take on Orange.

I think I remember Anders Wahren in a radio interview stating that Lorde would play Arena, so I would not expect her to play Orange. But nice detective work with The Lumineers, I'll buy it! :D Whether or not they fit that stage, I'm not so sure...

Lorde on Arena sounds like a potential big big mistake. If her new album drops before the festival and have just 1-2 hit songs like the previous album Arena will be completely overrun. I might be mistaken, but last year Tame Impala and New Order were on the verge of overcrowded and should have been on Orange - Way too many people.

Yeah Lumineers look like a pretty obvious afternoon in the sun.

It's nice that we are still short several names for the orange stage :)
Solange on Orange? At least it rhymes...
Wallu wrote: Solange on Orange? At least it rhymes...

She could work very well with an early slot sun as well, but I have a feeling that the bookers want her on Arena and give her new album some intimacy.
I don't think they will close Orange Stage with a three hour Moderat/Modeselektor set. And I can only assume both them and Justice require a late time slot, which means they have to split Wednesday and Thursday. My prediction as of now is therefore like this:

WED
18.00: ?? (I think Phlake is very likely)
21.00: The Weeknd
(22.30: Blink 182 at Arena Stage)
00.00: Justice

THUR
16.00: ??
18.30: Father John Misty
(19.30: Solange at Arena Stage)
21.00: ?? (hopefully a big name)
(22.00: Trentemøller at Arena Stage)
00.00: Moderat/Modeselektor

FRI
16.00: ??
18.30: A Tribe Called Quest
21.30: Foo Fighters
01.00: Den Sorte Skole
(Lorde at some point during the evening at Arena Stage)

SAT
17.00: ??
19.30: The Lumineers (though they would fit much better at Arena Stage)
22.00: Arcade Fire
01.00: ??
I´m quite sure Solange will play Orange. Because it rhymes. Almost.
33 posts Page 1 of 3