Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Elza Soares has the old spark in her still judging by that video the webpage has, although too old to stand up for an entire concert. This was never a comforting grandma-type of a lady. :)

A legend past her prime maybe, but a legend still.
Solange moved to headliner. Very bad signal. Not very optimistic for the full lineup announcement, to be honest.
Jackster1976 wrote: Solange moved to headliner. Very bad signal. Not very optimistic for the full lineup announcement, to be honest.

No news that you think that
Jackster1976 wrote: Solange moved to headliner. Very bad signal. Not very optimistic for the full lineup announcement, to be honest.

Worst line-up regarding big names ever, easily. But that´s not just Roskilde. In Finland too the festivals seem very bland compared to previous years. And I´m worried about the world music programme which doesn´t seem to be as good as usually. But I´m still going, many good bands to see on the smaller print even though today didn´t help in that department either. Lots of time for drinking this year. Warmup bands show some talent, so I´ll try to catch as many as I can.
Wallu wrote:

Worst line-up regarding big names ever, easily. But that´s not just Roskilde. In Finland too the festivals seem very bland compared to previous years. And I´m worried about the world music programme which doesn´t seem to be as good as usually. But I´m still going, many good bands to see on the smaller print even though today didn´t help in that department either. Lots of time for drinking this year. Warmup bands show some talent, so I´ll try to catch as many as I can.

Foo Fighters, A tribe called quest, Arcade Fire, Justice, The weekend, MODERAT/MODESELEKTOR, SOLANGE vs LCD Sound system, New Ordre, PJ Harvey, RHCH, Tame Impala, Tenacious D, Wiz Khalifa

Foog Fighters is a lot better rock headliner and much more want then RHCP

A tribe called quest vs Wiz Khalifa - Wiz might be what the young want, but ATCQ are a major hiphop legend name

And Arcade Fire, Justtice, the weekend is bigger names the most of the other site.

I will say the headliners this year is a much stronger then last year
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Wallu wrote:

Foo Fighters, A tribe called quest, Arcade Fire, Justice, The weekend, MODERAT/MODESELEKTOR, SOLANGE vs LCD Sound system, New Ordre, PJ Harvey, RHCH, Tame Impala, Tenacious D, Wiz Khalifa

A tribe called quest vs Wiz Khalifa - Wiz might be what the young want, but ATCQ are a major hiphop legend name

And Arcade Fire, Justtice, the weekend is bigger names the most of the other site.

You forgot Neil Young... These headliners we have this year just aren´t fior my personal taste and there is nothing for me in the subliners either. That´s why I´m complaining. They are big names, just not that good.
Wallu wrote: You forgot Neil Young... These headliners we have this year just aren´t fior my personal taste and there is nothing for me in the subliners either. That´s why I´m complaining. They are big names, just not that good.

True I forgot him, spend all that show in Pianobar getting fucked up ;-) Well a lot of the headlines this and last year where not for me, but I stilling booking wise it is a lot strong this year. And Wallu come watch Blink 182 with me, we can act like it is on finnish and all will be good :p
Wallu wrote: You forgot Neil Young... These headliners we have this year just aren´t fior my personal taste and there is nothing for me in the subliners either. That´s why I´m complaining. They are big names, just not that good.

True I forgot him, spend all that show in Pianobar getting fucked up ;-) Well a lot of the headlines this and last year where not for me, but I stilling booking wise it is a lot strong this year. And Wallu come watch Blink 182 with me, we can act like it is on finnish and all will be good :p

I try to avoid that concert at any cost if possible. :D Those yankies don´t know how to make good pop-punk as we finns do... ;)
Father John Misty and Sort Sol (preferably at Orange Stage in the sun) are pretty exciting for me. Also had a rather good show with Rumour Said Fire in 2010, so I guess that would be nice as well.

But I really don't get the new spot for Solange!
Father John Misty, Bonobo and Full of Hell are all excellent additions. Also, there's a lot of acts within this mix that I don't know.

But yeah, why is Solange suddenly a headliner? Oh well... I have both punk, metal, rock, hip-hop, electro, experimental, alternative and pop acts on the poster that I want to see. Can't complain. Just the fact that the festival booked band's like Blink and Against Me makes me think that they're listening to some of my previous requests.
Looking at the Neil Young spot, ie. the old Geezer Rockers, with failing health, it is clearly missing as of yet. So... might they be looking at the Nobel laureate for that... Pretty sure there will be something in this direction, well to be clear: I hope.

Otherwise RF17 looks like usual, an eclectic mix of everything, all under the banner of "high quality acts". So just embrace it and trust alcohol when music fails. But the RFrule#x applies: the older you get the fewer of your favorite bands you will see
Could John Fogerty be the old geezer? He is playing Amsterdam 28th Jun and Malmö 30th Jun. However, ff he's playing at Roskilde the 29th he would then have to play five days in a row, which is currently unprecedented in his tour plan.
Toxoman wrote: Could John Fogerty be the old geezer? He is playing Amsterdam 28th Jun and Malmö 30th Jun. However, ff he's playing at Roskilde the 29th he would then have to play five days in a row, which is currently unprecedented in his tour plan.

Or maybe Blondie? They have a day of on the 29th and the 1st.
Is Phil Collins out of the question? Had high hopes for him.
Wallu wrote:

It is an interesting discussion with the headliners, because I disagree that this years headliners are much stronger. Seems more even. Some of the headliners are easily comparable as you write:

Foo Fighters - RHCP: Foo Fighters wins
ATCQ - Wiz: Big win for ATCQ
The Weeknd - LCD Soundsystem: The Weeknd win on sheer popularity
Arcade Fire - Tame Impala: I think this one is close, with Arcade Fire winning due to more acclaimed albums and as they are a more exclusive booking.

After these four, I think the picture changes:

Justice, Moderat/Modeselektor, Solange looses big time to Tenacious D, PJ Harvey and New Order.

Then we have the danish headliner Trentemøller vs , where Mø wins.

In summary I think last year had a better breadth now that Solange is moved up, while this year is stronger at the very top. On another note this year also seems more pop'ish / party'ish (3 electronic headliners, Pop with the weeknd and Solange, and pop-rock with FF).

I've disregarded Neil young as I still hope that we get to compare him to some other legend act. Will be exciting with the poster release in april and see where we stand. With 8 headliners now, we can not hope for much more than 1 (max 2) additional additions to the top.
31 posts Page 2 of 3