A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
28 posts Page 2 of 2
So, I guess I´ll have to get that festival´s own card and I´m worried about the queues at the beginning of the festival.... Will it be possible to pay with a foreign Visa Electron-card on Saturday to get a case of beer, some food and some essentials? I think there will be a fee when paying with foreign card so I don´t want to do that with every beer during the festival. Just on the first night to avoid the waiting for that cash card.
Wallu wrote: So, I guess I´ll have to get that festival´s own card and I´m worried about the queues at the beginning of the festival.... Will it be possible to pay with a foreign Visa Electron-card on Saturday to get a case of beer, some food and some essentials? I think there will be a fee when paying with foreign card so I don´t want to do that with every beer during the festival. Just on the first night to avoid the waiting for that cash card.

Well most of the festival goes is Danish and have a card do they dont need the Festivals card. But you could pre ordre the first beers?
I could have, but can´t print the voucher since my mom is out of town (I don´t have my own printer) and I won´t be bringing my smart-phone with me. With every other option to get the vouchers I won´t be bothered.. :) I guess the finnish Electron will do ok.
Wallu wrote: I could have, but can´t print the voucher since my mom is out of town (I don´t have my own printer) and I won´t be bringing my smart-phone with me. With every other option to get the vouchers I won´t be bothered.. :) I guess the finnish Electron will do ok.

Haha the no printer - we all know that. I used to print at work, now I go to the local libery to print
Wallu wrote: So, I guess I´ll have to get that festival´s own card and I´m worried about the queues at the beginning of the festival.... Will it be possible to pay with a foreign Visa Electron-card

I'm still under the assumption that the usual bank cards like Electron cards work as always.
Or are they going to setup a completely new system where everyone needs to use the special festival card?
I thought that was only for people that do not have a card at all like young people or people outside of Europe.
I assume that all major credit m/debit cards works as usual.

I still don't have any info on the payment system on the train bur our info meeting is on the 22th of June so I post the info there if I don't get it before.
B. wrote:
Wallu wrote: So, I guess I´ll have to get that festival´s own card and I´m worried about the queues at the beginning of the festival.... Will it be possible to pay with a foreign Visa Electron-card

I'm still under the assumption that the usual bank cards like Electron cards work as always.
Or are they going to setup a completely new system where everyone needs to use the special festival card?
I thought that was only for people that do not have a card at all like young people or people outside of Europe.

I think your assumption is right. On Roskilde.dk the headline for Payment under Guide it says:

"All stalls accept credit/debit cards and festival cash cards"

If Wallu wouldn't be able to use his Finnish debit card, it should say: "All stalls accept credit cards, and debit cards from some banks and festival cash cards"

It's only the Festival cash card, that is new. Not the system/cardreaders
I asked for clarification per email. In one sentence they mention (like you said) "credit/debit cards" but in another sentence they only mention credit cards.
It might be just a translation issue. For me a credit card is a Visa, MasterCard, American Express that you pay off in instalments. Anything else is a bank card, that gets directly credited from you bank account.

I don't know the situation in Denmark / Scandinavia but real credit cards are not very common here (in the Netherlands) and are definitely not issued to young people.
Ok, thanks for the info, guys. I think I will be fine with my Electron and pay at least the first nights shopping with it.
Otherwise, I can even assure you the festival's own card is at least very cool-looking. I designed it ;-)
So, there´s the reason to get one. :) Collectible item that is then.
Wallu wrote: Ok, thanks for the info, guys. I think I will be fine with my Electron and pay at least the first nights shopping with it.

You should. I also use an Electron, and my experience is that you can use it everywhere a regular VISA is accepted, except for leaving a deposit (car rentals, typically). In 2015, I used the Electron a couple of times in RF, but I tend to avoid it due to the very bad exchange rate offered by my bank.
B. wrote: I asked for clarification per email.

B. wrote: For many years I have been able to use my bank card (Maestro) from my Dutch bank almost anywhere at the festival.
In your description about the "cashless festival" you only mention that credit cards are accepted. Do you mean actual credit cards like Visa, MasterCard & American Express or are normal Maestro bank cards also still accepted?

Roskilde Festival: wrote: It is still possible to use your normal bank card as you are used to … so bring it on!
There will only be changes for those who want to use cash.
28 posts Page 2 of 2