Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
145 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
I think Behemoth and Body Count will be announced.

This would be a good warm up, to their tour with Lamb of God and Slayer, in late July and August.

Body Count played on Green Stage in 1995. This time they play Orange. :-))
ppholst wrote: I think Behemoth and Body Count will be announced.

This would be a good warm up, to their tour with Lamb of God and Slayer, in late July and August.

Putting Body Count on Orange would be so stupied
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
ppholst wrote: I think Behemoth and Body Count will be announced.

Putting Body Count on Orange would be so stupied

Yes, in 2017 it would.

But it would still be great for the 3-4000K persons who would attend.
My guesses for tomorrow are:

Metronomy
Future Islands
Royal Blood
Sampha
Anderson .Paak (as himself or NxWorries)
Fleet Foxes
Bon Iver
The Shins
Phoenix
Thundercat

I actually don't think that all of these will be announced, mostly because many of them are in the same genre, buuuuut one could hope ;-)
Quick question here!

Isn't the ´17 lineup missing a big "old" act, like Neil Young, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen the last few years?

I would figure they would lose a sizeable portion of festival go'ers if they have no big name from the 70s/80s, but maybe I am mistaken.
You're right, they're missing a "legendary" act. I do not consider Foo Fighters as a legendary act, but maybe Roskilde are? Otherwise, Van Morrison would be a good guess for a legendary act on the announcement tomorrow.
We´ve had almost all of them. So it´s not that given that there will be one every year.
Agreed with Wallu. I'd also like an oldie (The Who, Fleetwood Mac, whatever), but maybe it's for the better that Roskilde continues to look ahead instead of blowing half of their budget on some old geezers (thinking of fx Rolling Stones & Stevie Wonder who both, imo, did terrible jobs).

Also, Foo Fighters is at the top of the poster. Not just alphabetically, they're above Arcade Fire etc., hinting at a "legendary" headliner. But then again, isn't Dave Grohl a legend these days? I'm not the biggest FF fan on the planet (I do adore the man, however), but who else should take the place?
Still hoping for Phil Collins. Don't think it will happen though.
John Fogerty still has space in his tour on thursday and maybe he could be the old act this year. I dont think John Fogerty cost that much, but thats just a guess.
I wouldn't count on a "legendary" act. There aren't many in that class touring Europe this summer. Well, maybe The Pretenders and John Fogerty. None of those would arguably headline though.
Not that many legends hanging around this year. Fogherty would be a huge downgrade from Neil Young, Stones, Bruce etc.
Phil Collins would be amazing, but he has his only european festival gig in London this year.
Not sure what to expect from tomorrows announcement, I find it hard to believe that they'll announce something huge and surprising.
Not that many bands of that calibre touring around Europe this year. Bon Iver would be big, as well as QOTSA, but that just seems pretty unlikely.
I´m sure that if they have something bigger on their sleeve, it will get an individual announcement and will not be announced tomorrow.
Wallu wrote: I´m sure that if they have something bigger on their sleeve, it will get an individual announcement and will not be announced tomorrow.

Do you think thats the reason why they said only 75 new names? Because they want to announce a single act later?
Bunse wrote: Not that many legends hanging around this year. Fogherty would be a huge downgrade from Neil Young, Stones, Bruce etc.
Phil Collins would be amazing, but he has his only european festival gig in London this year.
Not sure what to expect from tomorrows announcement, I find it hard to believe that they'll announce something huge and surprising.
Not that many bands of that calibre touring around Europe this year. Bon Iver would be big, as well as QOTSA, but that just seems pretty unlikely.

Bon Iver and QotSA would be amazing, no need for legendary headliners then. Although Josh H is a legend in my world, what a guy
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
145 posts Page 8 of 10