Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
145 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Helbob wrote:
Wallu wrote: I´m sure that if they have something bigger on their sleeve, it will get an individual announcement and will not be announced tomorrow.


Do you think thats the reason why they said only 75 new names? Because they want to announce a single act later?


Can´t really say. They always leave a couple of spots open for "fill-in" bands that are announced as the schedule has taken shape already.

I´m not that certain that we will get a big name still. Just that if there was going to be one it´s not necessary for them to announce it tomorrow.

The fact that they were kind of putting down the expectations in their fb-message talking about everyone should be prepared to be surprised of the quality of the smaller acts rather than talking about getting also big ones makes me think, that tomorrow is going to be more of a letdown for those waiting for huge names still...

But, you´ll never know... :)
Well, now it says that there will bands in all sizes tomorrow, so my theory didn´t last long. :)

I got nothing on the teaser.
Wallu wrote:
Helbob wrote:
Wallu wrote: I´m sure that if they have something bigger on their sleeve, it will get an individual announcement and will not be announced tomorrow.


Do you think thats the reason why they said only 75 new names? Because they want to announce a single act later?


Can´t really say. They always leave a couple of spots open for "fill-in" bands that are announced as the schedule has taken shape already.

I´m not that certain that we will get a big name still. Just that if there was going to be one it´s not necessary for them to announce it tomorrow.

The fact that they were kind of putting down the expectations in their fb-message talking about everyone should be prepared to be surprised of the quality of the smaller acts rather than talking about getting also big ones makes me think, that tomorrow is going to be more of a letdown for those waiting for huge names still...

But, you´ll never know... :)



Roskilde has just confirmed that 77 new acts are ready for tomorrow in all sizes
Could it be Thurston Moore on the teaser? He´s around, has a free date and Sonic Youth has an album called Goo... I´ll be happy if this is true.
I had also hoped for Body Count but its been shot down by a festival insider on my FB wall, as "they are not on tour". Could have been a nice 22 anniversary for their 1995 Arena stage gig.
Someone suggested a hiphop-act, Jungle Brothers, as the band behind the teaser. Their tour schedule seem to fit, as they are in Holland and Germany up to Roskilde. Would explain the ferns and similar-looking guys.

A lot seem to guess Eminem. Why is that? I don't really get it. Is it just a sheep-effect which is often seen when people randomly guess on popular acts?
My point with the "missing" "old" act was not necessarily a legendary act (as in top of the poster), but at least something from the 70/80s that would make the top 20 of the poster (if you get my point).
Toxoman wrote: Someone suggested a hiphop-act, Jungle Brothers, as the band behind the teaser. Their tour schedule seem to fit, as they are in Holland and Germany up to Roskilde. Would explain the ferns and similar-looking guys.

A lot seem to guess Eminem. Why is that? I don't really get it. Is it just a sheep-effect which is often seen when people randomly guess on popular acts?


The Eminem reference was a Slim Shady one (They get slime and wear shades...), but Roskilde FB as stated that neither Eminem nor Beyonce will play.
William44 wrote:
Toxoman wrote: Someone suggested a hiphop-act, Jungle Brothers, as the band behind the teaser. Their tour schedule seem to fit, as they are in Holland and Germany up to Roskilde. Would explain the ferns and similar-looking guys.

A lot seem to guess Eminem. Why is that? I don't really get it. Is it just a sheep-effect which is often seen when people randomly guess on popular acts?


The Eminem reference was a Slim Shady one (They get slime and wear shades...), but Roskilde FB as stated that neither Eminem nor Beyonce will play.


Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.
Still seems like a rather bad guess though. It's "Slim" Shady, not "Slime". And why would there be two boys? Standing in a jungle?

Not that I have a more qualified guess...
Wallu wrote: Could it be Thurston Moore on the teaser? He´s around, has a free date and Sonic Youth has an album called Goo... I´ll be happy if this is true.


They also have shades in the cover of Goo, so I´m sticking (hehe) with my guess.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... th_Goo.jpg

(so Goo means "A liquid substance with the same qualities as honey or paint.")
Oh actually I have a guess: The Jesus and Mary Chain.

It is the project of two brothers, they have a song called "Just Like Honey" and they often wear sunglasses. Oh, and there is also a chain in the background. Only lack the jungle connection then.

Plus they just released a new album (first in 19 years).
Mikkel256 wrote: Oh actually I have a guess: The Jesus and Mary Chain.

It is the project of two brothers, they have a song called "Just Like Honey" and they often wear sunglasses. Oh, and there is also a chain in the background. Only lack the jungle connection then.

Plus they just released a new album (first in 19 years).


Guess you´re right. Missed the chain.

Damned, was really hoping for Thurston Moore. Now I have to pay 80 euros + drinks to go and see him in Helsinki in June.
And for some of us Jesus and the Mary Chain COULD be considered the legendary act :)
Mark Lanegan has 2 free dates the 29. - and 30. of June.

The 28. of June he is in Bochum Germany and the 1. of July he is in Eindhoven Netherlands.

Perfect fit for Roskilde.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
145 posts Page 9 of 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest