Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
145 posts Page 2 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
Jackster1976 wrote: Instead we'll get like 10 hiphop names with one mixtape freely distributed going to be the next big thing, but dreaming is free....


Yeah :D :D. I know exactly what you mean. I usually like the hidden gems, but maybe this year they are taking it a bit too far.
well, i love to discover things, also in hiphop (i really want to see ATCQ) and i've enjoyed princess nokia (one of those mixtape artist), for example, and i know nowadays hiphop is the new 90's grunge but the problem is that i'm a 90's boy.

PS: i opened a bottle of champagne when roskilde substituted Drake with Jack white and also cried when Major Lazer was the replacement for Neil young in pukkelpop. That's me. :D
Feels like I more or less have given up and just realized I am too old for the bookers. I will have a fun time anyway, and GnR in parken and Foo at Roskilde is enough to make a great week for me (plus a few other acts). I have not paid full attention to which bands can be ruled out but I am hoping for Talco, Rancid, Green Day and/or Dropkick Murphys. On the more unrealistic side I still have not given up dreaming of Misfits with Danzig and Only (they have listet some hint in their tour schedule that there will be dates in 2017) and of course Tool (doing a show at the east coast a few weeks prior to Roskilde).
Yup. They are probably gonna jam some more hiphop/soul/pop with some nice radiohits, some autotune and "everybody-over-here-say-HEEEEY"-kinda stuff in there with all the rest.

Bile-rant over.

On topic:
Tony Allen, C Duncan, Toots and the Maytals, Magnetic fields, Tears for Fears, Kool and the Gang, Leftfield, The Hives, Primal Scream and Flogging Molly are all rummaging around Europe around the time of RF. And I would go and see them all.

Also I'm just (or more that most of the above, actually) hoping for one or two more "WTF? This i gotta see!"-presentations. Usually there is at least a handful of those pr year. This year, so far, not so much...
What about...
Kasabian
Prodigy
Stone Roses
Leftfield


All on tour and not booked at "our" dates ;-)
Lasse Lyd wrote: What about...
Kasabian
Prodigy
Stone Roses
Leftfield


All on tour and not booked at "our" dates ;-)


Prodigy are playing Northside
HandsDown wrote: Yup. They are probably gonna jam some more hiphop/soul/pop with some nice radiohits, some autotune and "everybody-over-here-say-HEEEEY"-kinda stuff in there with all the rest.

Bile-rant over.

On topic:
Tony Allen, C Duncan, Toots and the Maytals, Magnetic fields, Tears for Fears, Kool and the Gang, Leftfield, The Hives, Primal Scream and Flogging Molly are all rummaging around Europe around the time of RF. And I would go and see them all.

Also I'm just (or more that most of the above, actually) hoping for one or two more "WTF? This i gotta see!"-presentations. Usually there is at least a handful of those pr year. This year, so far, not so much...


Seen Tony Allen 5 times in different line-ups. Definatively would go and see him again.
Helbob wrote:
Lasse Lyd wrote: What about...
Kasabian
Prodigy
Stone Roses
Leftfield


All on tour and not booked at "our" dates ;-)


Prodigy are playing Northside


So Roskilde does not book, if they play at Northside?
Lasse Lyd wrote:
Helbob wrote:
Lasse Lyd wrote: What about...
Kasabian
Prodigy
Stone Roses
Leftfield


All on tour and not booked at "our" dates ;-)


Prodigy are playing Northside


So Roskilde does not book, if they play at Northside?


No, some danish bands might be the same, but the foreign bands usually have contracts for one festival only.
Many great bands here! Would love to see the strokes, fleet foxes, alt j and wolfmother
I´m pretty sure we´ll get Alt-J on the big announcement.
Alt-J would be nice. My money is on The XX. Not that I prefer it, but a pop-virus seems to have hit the bookers this year.
I would put my money on John Fogerty as the big name for thursday and as the legendary name
eskiller wrote: Many great bands here! Would love to see the strokes, fleet foxes, alt j and wolfmother


Wow couldn't agree more! Have been wishing for Fleet Foxes and Wolfmother forever! See two potentially awesome concerts at Arena!
Royal Blood, Bastille, Imagine Dragons and Dropkick Murphys are all playing festivals around Roskilde, so would love to see just one of them be announced. Especially Royal Blood at Arena would be amazing.

Pendulum Live would be one hell of a party as well, but I think it's unlikely with Justice and Moderat/Modeselektor already announced.

Ah well, it'll probably just be The XX and Chainsmokers.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
145 posts Page 2 of 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron