Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 31 Mar 2017, 00:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2017, 08:27 

Years at Roskilde: 1996-2002, 05, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Camp: Camp HighRollers
jacjens wrote:
Royal Blood, Bastille, Imagine Dragons and Dropkick Murphys are all playing festivals around Roskilde, so would love to see just one of them to be announced. Especially Royal Blood at Arena would be amazing.

Pendulum Live would be one hell of a party as well, but I think it's unlikely with Justice and Moderat/Modeselektor already announced.

Ah well, it'll probably just be The XX and Chainsmokers.

Dropkick would be amazing. I really hope they stay clear of XX, a band I find extremely boring...

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 13:24 

Years at Roskilde: 07, 13-16
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is touring europe around Roskilde. Was a good concert the last time, plus they've already released 3 quality albums since (with 4 more planned for 2017 alone. Would be a good sub-sub-headiner?

Would like to see Temples booked too. Catching them in a month at Pumpehuset, but it is always more special at Roskilde. Really dig both of their albums, last one was released 2 weeks ago, so they are pretty "relevant".

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 14:30 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
RalaksJJ wrote:
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is touring europe around Roskilde. Was a good concert the last time, plus they've already released 3 quality albums since (with 4 more planned for 2017 alone. Would be a good sub-sub-headiner?

Would like to see Temples booked too. Catching them in a month at Pumpehuset, but it is always more special at Roskilde. Really dig both of their albums, last one was released 2 weeks ago, so they are pretty "relevant".

Both bands would be great, specially Temples for their new album is superb. (That reminds me to give it another listen today...)

We had King Gizzard quite recently so that makes the probability of them playing smaller, but who knows...

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 15:47 

Years at Roskilde: 87-06, 08-12, 14-16
Camp: Camp Kijafa
Danzig is going for a 25 years anniversary tour for the record "How the Gods Kill".

That could be a perfect metal sub headliner

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 16:16 

Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
Wallu wrote:
RalaksJJ wrote:

Both bands would be great, specially Temples for their new album is superb. (That reminds me to give it another listen today...)

We had King Gizzard quite recently so that makes the probability of them playing smaller, but who knows...

Yeah, but they're releasing so much in 2017, so they will be touring with a massive wad of new material. That makes it even.

Also, Japanese psych rockers Kikagaku Moyo is in the vicinity during Roskilde. Should be a treat for people who like Tame Impala, Dungen etc., so I really, really hope the bookers are on this.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 16:27 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Coldblooded wrote:
Wallu wrote:
RalaksJJ wrote:

Yeah, but they're releasing so much in 2017, so they will be touring with a massive wad of new material. That makes it even.

Also, Japanese psych rockers Kikagaku Moyo is in the vicinity during Roskilde. Should be a treat for people who like Tame Impala, Dungen etc., so I really, really hope the bookers are on this.

There´s so many quality bands possible for the poster release annoncement that I feel a bit optimistic.

I shouldn´t. :D

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 18:07 

Coldblooded wrote:

Kikagaku Moyo sounds pretty awesome. Definately on my wish list now.

I think there is OK odds for King Gizzard to come again, even though it's just been two years. Mainly since they've released so much new material, which also in my opinion is more diverse than their previous stuff. They could basically put on a great concert without playing any of the tracks they played the last time :D

It's definately going to be an interesting announcement

Also, what are the odds for a booking like Povl Dissing? Haven't been here since 88, could be a pretty fun early concert at one of the smaller stages. Should try to get him to come before it is too late.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 18:25 

Years at Roskilde: 2014-2017
RalaksJJ wrote:
Also, what are the odds for a booking like Povl Dissing? Haven't been here since 88, could be a pretty fun early concert at one of the smaller stages. Should try to get him to come before it is too late.

I don't think he will have enough appeal to be booked. Plus, I think Sort Sol will be stated as this year's "legendary Danish act".

What I dream about is Kim Larsen at Orange on a sunny Saturday afternoon for the same reason - before it's too late. Would be an epic sing-a-long show.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 11:26 

Sorry to be grumpy, but Povl Dissing isn't funny. He is a brillant singer, who performs with an intesity all should admire.
I would Love to see him at Roskilde.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 11:54 

ppholst wrote:
Sorry to be grumpy, but Povl Dissing isn't funny. He is a brillant singer, who performs with an intesity all should admire.
I would Love to see him at Roskilde.

I didn't mean 'haha'-funny, perhaps the wrong choice of word from a tired mind after a long day at work. :) More in the sense that I think it would be a cool booking.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 12:49 

Normally I'm not grumpy, and I shouldn't be because of what you wrote, but today I'm home with fever and headache. Then it's easy to be grumpy :-)

And yes, it would be a cool booking. Preferable with Benny Andersen, instead of the Dissing sons and Las.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 13:20 

The odds for Dissing is unfortunately pretty slim. He recently suffered a brain haemorrhage plus a skull fracture and was hospitalised. He is getting better, but there's no guarantee that he will be up and about for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 14:45 

Years at Roskilde: 2006-2016
Coldblooded wrote:
The odds for Dissing is unfortunately pretty slim. He recently suffered a brain haemorrhage plus a skull fracture and was hospitalised. He is getting better, but there's no guarantee that he will be up and about for the foreseeable future.

I am pretty sure that he "only" suffered from a concussion

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 17:10 

Helbob wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

I am pretty sure that he "only" suffered from a concussion

That's also what I read

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 19:36 

I stand corrected. All media outlets reported it as a brain hemorrhage initially, but his manager claims it was only a fall and a concussion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next