Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 31 Mar 2017, 00:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 20:22 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 11:48
Posts: 1149
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Any news on the poster release? Is it two, three or four weeks away?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 10:39 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 15:13
Posts: 58
Years at Roskilde: 87-06, 08-12, 14-16
Camp: Camp Kijafa
My Guess is wednesday the 12. of April


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 09:49 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 10:14
Posts: 123
Years at Roskilde: 1996-2002, 05, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Camp: Camp HighRollers
ppholst wrote:
My Guess is wednesday the 12. of April


Just out of curiosity, do you have some inside information that suggest that date or is it just a guess out of the blue?

On the last 80 I still hope for Tool, yesterday they released even more live dates!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 11:28 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 15:13
Posts: 58
Years at Roskilde: 87-06, 08-12, 14-16
Camp: Camp Kijafa
Sjabba212 wrote:
ppholst wrote:
My Guess is wednesday the 12. of April


Just out of curiosity, do you have some inside information that suggest that date or is it just a guess out of the blue?

On the last 80 I still hope for Tool, yesterday they released even more live dates!



I don't have any inside information, except from inside my head :-)

In 2006 it was the 20. of April
In 2008 it was the 16. of April
In 2009 it was the 16. of April
In 2010 it was the 15. of April
In 2011 it was the 13. of April
In 2012 it was the 19. of April
In 2013 it was the 19. of April
In 2014 it was the 2. of April
In 2015 it was the 26. of March
In 2016 it was the 6. of April

That's the reason for my guess. And I also do hope for Tool :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 12:00 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 10:14
Posts: 123
Years at Roskilde: 1996-2002, 05, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Camp: Camp HighRollers
ppholst wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote:
ppholst wrote:
My Guess is wednesday the 12. of April


Just out of curiosity, do you have some inside information that suggest that date or is it just a guess out of the blue?

On the last 80 I still hope for Tool, yesterday they released even more live dates!



I don't have any inside information, except from inside my head :-)

In 2006 it was the 20. of April
In 2008 it was the 16. of April
In 2009 it was the 16. of April
In 2010 it was the 15. of April
In 2011 it was the 13. of April
In 2012 it was the 19. of April
In 2013 it was the 19. of April
In 2014 it was the 2. of April
In 2015 it was the 26. of March
In 2016 it was the 6. of April

That's the reason for my guess. And I also do hope for Tool :-)


Ok, then my guess will have to be april 5th. As I think they might want to avoid the easter week. This guess is totally based on the data provided by you, and a hope that it comes sooner rather than later ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 12:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 15:13
Posts: 58
Years at Roskilde: 87-06, 08-12, 14-16
Camp: Camp Kijafa
Damn, you also goes for a Wednesday. Maybe your guess is better than mine.

Because my guess is up to easter holidays, and because the last 3 years it has been earlier than the years before.

I hope you are right, that will save us from another week in pain.

Bonus info: Rod Stewart has just been announced for Jelling, so he will not be the "old" act at Roskilde, phew. Not that I have ever thought it :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 10:37 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 11:48
Posts: 1149
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
I asked in the festival´s fb-page if there is already a date set forr the poster announcement and the answer was : " Not yet, but it will be in April - that is for sure!"

Makes me think it will be later in April rather than the beginning of the month.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 10:48 
Offline

Joined: 06 Jan 2015, 12:05
Posts: 118
Years at Roskilde: 2006-2016
Wallu wrote:
I asked in the festival´s fb-page if there is already a date set forr the poster announcement and the answer was : " Not yet, but it will be in April - that is for sure!"

Makes me think it will be later in April rather than the beginning of the month.


If they dont have a date yet I am thinking that either its because some big act will announce some concerts simultaneously(thinking Gorillaz eg) or maybe they will do it in the same week as Tinderbox as a strategy-thing. Just like when they announce a few bands all the festivals normally drop a few names in the same week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 11:37 
Offline

Joined: 08 Oct 2016, 11:26
Posts: 2
Years at Roskilde: 2007-2016
Quote:
Roskilde Festival will reveal the final line-up with app. 175 names in the beginning of April


From Politiken today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 11:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 23:24
Posts: 1709
Years at Roskilde: 1995-
5th or 6th of April. Don't think they'll have a poster release in the week of Easter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 11:58 
Offline
Forum moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 10:32
Posts: 1759
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
Nicolo wrote:
Quote:
Roskilde Festival will reveal the final line-up with app. 175 names in the beginning of April


From Politiken today.


Is it just me or do Arena sound like a crazy big stage for him?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 23:02 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 11:49
Posts: 296
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
The Avalanches just announced a bunch of UK and European dates. They are in Holland/Germany 27/28/29 June and then there's a gap until July 3 (again in Germany). I think a Roskilde show July 1. looks very realistic! Promising :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 12:24 
Offline

Joined: 04 Feb 2017, 22:00
Posts: 15
Years at Roskilde: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
Avelanches are very likely with their current tour plan! They have also recently been announced for Down The Rabbit Hole in Holland. Fleet Foxes have also been announced for this festival, and I really hope they will play Roskilde as well. Futhermore, DTRH have also booked Orchestra Baobab. They may be the Senegalese act Roskildes FB guy teased about some time ago. Now that would be an awesome booking!

Hamilton Leithauser (singer from The Walkmen) are playing in Malmø and Stockholm 27. and 28. June and has a gap until 3. July where he will play in Italy. I'd say he is a strong contender too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 14:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 11:48
Posts: 1149
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Avalanches would be great. Also Orchestra Baobab, we need some traditional world music.

Somehow I have high expectations for the upcoming release.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The last 80 acts
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 15:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 23:24
Posts: 1709
Years at Roskilde: 1995-
Mastodon are in Germany the days before and after Roskilde, and Roskilde seems to love them. New album out should make them a strong bet for a spot on the poster.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

PhpBB forum hosting | phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy