Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
145 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
So, we'll be getting the last 80 acts in a month or so, and therefore I think it would be fun to sum up which artists that are possible and available out there. Other than that, what are the chances for one more headliner, and how many subheadliners could we expect also?

I've looked at some of them, and here is what I believe/hope for

Legendary headliners available:
ZZ top - plays in Paris on the 6th of July
Lynyrd Skynyrd - On tour in the states until June, after that they "are free birds"
Van Morrison - 4 shows in EU this summer, 2 before Roskilde, and 2 in August

Headliners available:
The Strokes - They have Loolapalooza in april (South America), nothing around Roskilde
Bon Iver - Plays a couple of festivals in EU during the start of June (Primavera), nothing scheduled after
Linkin Park - Big EU festival tour (A scorpio band) but no dates in Denmark (the play in Sweden during Roskilde)
The XX - They play Nos Alive and Open'er in Poland, which is in the same week/week after roskilde

Subheadliners available:
Royal Blood - (scorpio band as well?) big eu tour around roskilde, but no danish festivals
Alt-J - Plays almost every major festival in Europe, including Rock Werchter
Imagine Dragons - Play Rock Werchter and Nos Alive
Future Islands - Big EU tour, and the play Rock Werchter the same week
Fleet Foxes - EU tour in Juli, nothing in Scandinavia
The Shins - No EU tour, they only have a US and Canada tour, with some dates free inbetween (roskilde dates as i remember)
Charli XCX - Plays Rock Werchter, no shows before that, and nothing again before August
Death Cab for Cutie - US tour in June, nothing again undtil August, free during Roskilde

Half-big/small acts available:
Chinese Man - Only a france tour, but played a great show in 2014 and has a new album out
Kaleo - Play Rock Werchter

The names are put in categories after what I think is fit for the festival, so correct me if i'm wrong. I think that a lot of the acts above would be a greeeeat plus for the festival, and I hope to see a lot of them announced among the 80 acts in April.

What are your predictions? Let's see how many we can guess before april i say and hit all 80 :lol:
Thurston Moore Group has a open date for Thursday and he´s around, but he would have to play 6 days in a row. Would be a worthy subliner though. Fingers crossed.
Grace Jones will play Pori Jazz in Pori, Finland on the 15th of July. I´d gladly have her back (she played in 2009 and for some reasion I only saw three songs)
Editors and Wolfmother are playing around. I think they would be strong subheadliners.
Cigarettes After Sex are playing Werchter on the 29th of June and Athens in the 1st of July, but have the other dates free. I like this band too, so welcome on my behalf...
And only 1 band on your list is one I want to see... so have no idea if most of them are good or band guess :)
HIM and Dropkick Muprhys are also on tour around Roskilde with no danish concerts.

John Fogerty has also been mentioned as the legendary headliner.
Slowdive is a possiblity
maybe Ozzy Osbourne as the legendary. He´s got a couple of shows announced in July (although in the Us.)

Kreator and/or Testament as metal subheadliners.

Highly Suspect would be a good fit aswell.
As martin knows I'm not very confident about big names, my hopes for strong middle and small names: the black angels, Subrosa, kamasi Washington, Lana del rey, london grammar, cigarrettes after sex, Blue oyster cult, Emperor, Liam gallagher.

Instead we'll get like 10 hiphop names with one mixtape freely distributed going to be the next big thing, but dreaming is free....
Rancid and Peter, Bjorn & John are also around playing festivals during Roskilde
Jackster1976 wrote: As martin knows I'm not very confident about big names, my hopes for strong middle and small names: the black angels, Subrosa, kamasi Washington, Lana del rey, london grammar, cigarrettes after sex, Blue oyster cult, Emperor, Liam gallagher.

Instead we'll get like 10 hiphop names with one mixtape freely distributed going to be the next big thing, but dreaming is free....

London Grammar is free all dates during Roskilde. That would be awesome.

If not at Roskilde, it could be a 1 day ticket to Heartland
Besides those already mentioned, I suppose these are possible:

American Football: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in June
Trap Them: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in June/July
Devin Townsend: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in June/July
Mastodon: Releasing new album in 2017, touring EU in June/July (although it’d be a quick return, their show in 2015 did have a major technical breakdown, so we’re in for a due-over).
Frank Turner: Still touring latest album (2015), touring EU in June/July along with Blink-182
Touché Amoré: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in June
Dinosaur Jr.: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in June/July
Explosions in the Sky: Released new album in 2016, touring EU in July

Plus a lot of others. But starting with these.

Also, we have to face that Gorillaz is a possibility, what with all RF’s love for Damon and stuff.
Rokia Traore is in Poland and Swizerland on 25 & 26 of June, so there´s a possibility. We need more solid world music names and she´s definatively one of the greatest acts out there. She did play Roskilde quite recently (2013 and 2009), but she has a new album out since that and it´s very good.
Jackster1976 wrote: Instead we'll get like 10 hiphop names with one mixtape freely distributed going to be the next big thing, but dreaming is free....

Haha, so true! One of the downsides by going to a contemporary music festival and not listening to the contemporary music, I guess...

On topic, I hope for some of the following acts:

Michael Kiwanuka - Playing Open'er Festival and has available dates for Roskilde according to his website.
Benjamin Clementine - Playing Rock Werchter 2nd July and has available dates for Roskilde. Would be a great act to get!
Crystal Fighters - Also playing Rock Werchter, and has available dates. But they may be too 'gimmicky' for Roskilde (British people pretending to be Spanish tribal-folks), although their music is great feel-good party music.
Alsarah and the Nubatones - Sudanese fusion music. They also play Glastonbury (according to their website) and Roskildes FB-admin said they may book a Sudanese act.
Baaba Maal - Few dates in Europe in July. May be the Senegalese act Roskilde mentioned on FB. Played Glastonbury last year and released a great album in 2016! Kind of a mix of southern West African music and rock.
Mumford & Sons - Maybe a bit farfetched. They are currently playing two festivals on the British Isles in mid-July. They recently toured with Baaba Maal, with whom they released an (excellent) EP with in 2016. Maybe this combination will bring them to Roskilde, who knows.
Temples - Playing Down The Rabbit Hole Festival June 23rd. Would be a great psych-party-rock, in the same genre as Tame Impala.
Massive Attack - I don't know how realistic this is, as they are yet to announce a tour. However, Resident Advisor has listed them as playing on Down The Rabbit Hole Festival (unconfirmed from festival) and would be the kind of band Roskilde need right now to get some edge - along with Aphex Twin.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
145 posts Page 1 of 10