Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Please do not forget the rockin´ people.

Here are some wishes:

R´n´R´:
Admiral Cloudesley Shovell
Hellacopters
Nashville Pussy

Britpop:
The Spitfires
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Richard Ashcroft
Liam Gallagher

cheers
The bookers aren't reading these pages, just so you know. Still, I wouldn't mind The Jesus and Mary Chain on Roskilde.
Coldblooded wrote: The bookers aren't reading these pages, just so you know. Still, I wouldn't mind The Jesus and Mary Chain on Roskilde.

They just announced a show in Oslo july 2nd, so schedule-wise it would fit fine.
Sjabba212 wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: The bookers aren't reading these pages, just so you know. Still, I wouldn't mind The Jesus and Mary Chain on Roskilde.

They just announced a show in Oslo july 2nd, so schedule-wise it would fit fine.

Where did you read about the Oslo show. Couldn´t find anything. But if it´s true, then it would be a no-brainer that they would play also Roskildde.
Wallu wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote:

Where did you read about the Oslo show. Couldn´t find anything. But if it´s true, then it would be a no-brainer that they would play also Roskildde.

http://rockefeller.no/

Scroll down to july and you will see the show :)
Sjabba212 wrote:
Wallu wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote:

Ok, thanks. Didn´t mean to sound so suspicious. :D There´s couple of good bands playing in Oslo this spring.
Wallu wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote:
Wallu wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote:

Ok, thanks. Didn´t mean to sound so suspicious. :D There´s couple of good bands playing in Oslo this spring.

Hehe, no problem :) There is a quite good concert-scene in Oslo in my opinion. Also a place called cosmopolite with a lot of World Music acts that you probably would like :)
In Finland we used to have great selection of bands about 5 years ago, when every band went to Russia as well and travelled thruogh here on their tour. Now that Russia is in recession the bands won´t come even this far and they turn back from Stockholm (from there it would be one night on the ferry both ways, so that´s three travel days for one gig in Helsinki...).

Well, it´s not all THAT bad. For example last week we had Macy Gray, Trentemöller, Omar Soyleyman and Swans all playing in venue that has 800 capacity (Macy Gray was in another place with 1500 ca.). That was quite exceptional

The main reason for lack of world music might be the low demand in general and I personally hate the fact that the world music is played usually in venues with seats, so I can´t twitch to the music. :D Besides that it´s 40 euros for unknown world music band, so that is way up too high for a poor fellow like me. So those two reasons combined they are now selling tickets at the price "two-for-one" when they can´t sel out the place. That would be reasonable if I had a friend who likes the same stuff as me. Have to find one. Still we would have to sit though... :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1