Present your camp or share camp experiences.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I´m asking for a friend what would be his best option for parking given the fact that they´re only coming for Wednesday and move on in Thursday already. So they would need a parking spot for one night only preferably near the festival.
Wallu wrote: I´m asking for a friend what would be his best option for parking given the fact that they´re only coming for Wednesday and move on in Thursday already. So they would need a parking spot for one night only preferably near the festival.

Unfortunately I cant attach the picture from Google Maps I have made.

Your friend can write: Darupvej 131, 4000 Roskilde on his GPS.

Next to that address he can park for free without any time limit.

He will have to walk north for 10 minutes - Entrance West.
Ok, thanks a lot. Are you sure there will be any spots left on Wednesday?
Wallu wrote: Ok, thanks a lot. Are you sure there will be any spots left on Wednesday?

Of course I can't promise anything :-).

I normally arrive Monday or Tuesday, and for the last 6-7 years I have been parking there.
Ok, good to know. I´ll inform my friend. Thanks!!
We are going to stay at S+C / J and on the map it looks like there's going to be a parking south again like in 2012, just below P. Pretty convenient compared to parking east! Then you had to get an extra parking voucher to have your car there. This is described here http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/guide?transport=parking for the parking areas in east or west that are a little closer to the camping area entrances. (Might be another option for your friend, Wallu, if he wants to be sure to find a space when coming late)
But parking south is not mentioned there. Anybody know anything about that? I inquired at RF by Mail but no response yet.

cheers!
Axel wrote: We are going to stay at S+C / J and on the map it looks like there's going to be a parking south again like in 2012, just below P. Pretty convenient compared to parking east! Then you had to get an extra parking voucher to have your car there. This is described here http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/guide?transport=parking for the parking areas in east or west that are a little closer to the camping area entrances. (Might be another option for your friend, Wallu, if he wants to be sure to find a space when coming late)
But parking south is not mentioned there. Anybody know anything about that? I inquired at RF by Mail but no response yet.

cheers!

Hi Axel,

I'm a subcontractor and drew the basic maps for RF for ticket sales and stuff (I also usually handle the design of the printed programme and schedule).

What happened is that a "parking south" was planned (basically an area just south of P), but it has since been shelved. This means that some of the grayscale preliminary maps circulating are inaccurate. The parking maps on http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/guide?transport=parking are the most accurate ones atm. Based on this, the paid parking area in the East is the closest one to J, but still far off. It would have been way more convenient for you with a "parking south" like you describe, but I don't think you should get your hopes up, I'm afraid.
Parking South has only been available for a few year, right?
We used it for two years, it was a lot closer to camping "J" as parking East but also a lot smaller.
alright, thanks for this insider information, Coldblooded!
so, probably no parking south, and a lot of walking ahead. But, anyway, in Roskilde the route is the goal, isn't it? ;)
9 posts Page 1 of 1