A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
I have just spent 44 minutes and 19 seconds of my life, on a recording of a concert I went to at Roskilde in 1991.

It had been raining for days and hours. I had never heard about the band.

I was 16, the band was Primus.

That recording is very good in terms of the sound and picture (it doesn't look 1991 to me)
Search: Primus Live 1991 Roskilde full concert
Well, sir. I´m pretty envious right now. Never seen them and they are one of my biggest favourites. Les Claypool on Avalon couple of years ago put some lotion on my sores, but still..
Wallu wrote: Well, sir. I´m pretty envious right now. Never seen them and they are one of my biggest favourites. Les Claypool on Avalon couple of years ago put some lotion on my sores, but still..

View this recording, it's great.

We were soaked, but look at all those smiling faces. At that concert the Orange Feeling was invented (ok big words) :-)
That seems more like it. That´s the festival scenary of my youth too. Very drunk males all around. Not that posh fancy selfie culture of nowadays... Don´t know if I could survive the same kind of festivals as they were back then. A lot has changed. :D

I think it was DAD, who said that every summer they tried to get to finnish midsummer festivals because you couldn´t find such a zombie army anywhere else... :D They thought the festival guards were stealing from people, but they were just turning lots of people on their stomachs so that they wouldn´t choke on their vomit... :D :D :D That was what it was like in finnish festivals when I was younger. That has changed here too.
All that being said, I really like Roskilde even without everybody vomiting all over me. There´s a genuine love for the music still and the crowd is amazing and really educated music-wise. My kind of festival, indeed.
Btw, speaking of Les Claypool. Has anybody listened the album he made with Julian Lennon (John´s son)? Check it out if you like this kind of stuff, it´s pretty great. Claypool Lennon Delirium is the name of the band.
Wallu wrote: Btw, speaking of Les Claypool. Has anybody listened the album he made with Julian Lennon (John´s son)? Check it out if you like this kind of stuff, it´s pretty great. Claypool Lennon Delirium is the name of the band.

I'll check it out.
It's brilliant, thank you very much Wallu.

Have you seen them live?
No, I haven´t. They are pretty new deal and I don´t know if they´ve been to Europe yet.
If they will be announced on Wednesday (I don't think they will) you will from now on be "The King of Finland".

And I will buy you beers at Roskilde :-)
You can buy me beer, even if they aren´t booked... :D

Nah, just kidding. Don´t think they will be booked as Claypool might be busy with Primus.
Wallu wrote: You can buy me beer, even if they aren´t booked... :D

Nah, just kidding. Don´t think they will be booked as Claypool might be busy with Primus.

Deal, lets meet for a concert, maybe Vanishing Twins who you told me to hear.

I'll buy a beer :-)
Surely we can meet, but you don´t have to buy me a beer. :D

Will you be staying in J?
Our camp is in E (Clean out Loud)
17 posts Page 1 of 2