Information, announcements and your feedback & question about the forum.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
We've installed a new 'responsive' theme for the forum, ComBoot. It looks and works the same on a PC screen but scales a lot better to the smaller screens on a phone or tablet.

It's called "ComBoot" (listed as "- RESPONSIVE - ComBoot"). The original theme "subsilver2" will also remain a choice for those who prefer the old look.

You select your theme here : ucp.php?i=165
(User Control Panel; Board preferences; My board style)
Your avatar is squished horizontally.
Yes, unfortunately this is a side-effect of the new responsive theme, avatar pictures will be displayed as square.
Re-uploaded the avatar as a square image now so it doesn't get stretched.
Much better! Hope it won't log me out on every visit now.
Looks good.
Could you add the "View active topics" button on every page? It was there in the previous look, but seem to have gone when one is reading a topic page.
BigL wrote: Could you add the "View active topics" button on every page? It was there in the previous look, but seem to have gone when one is reading a topic page.

We'll have a look but the customization of the theme is mostly limited to changing colour and border lines etc.
Thanks *A LOT* for not forcing users to the new "responsive" theme, and leaving us the choice as a personal preference. This reflects some technical maturity I wish more webmasters showed.

The remaining few who, like me, still use this old-fashioned piece of equipment called a computer (I don't even own a smartphone...) are really fed up with all these web pages designed for 1-inch-wide displays :) Hell, if we didn't want to see more than a button and two f***ing lines of text at a time, we wouldn't buy 32'+ 4K displays ! (no, I'm not that ostentatious. I post this from a 17' laptop)

But agreed, the new theme looks really better on a tablet.
Orange wrote:
BigL wrote: Could you add the "View active topics" button on every page? It was there in the previous look, but seem to have gone when one is reading a topic page.

We'll have a look but the customization of the theme is mostly limited to changing colour and border lines etc.

Still missing this great feature.
Unfortunately it's not something we can add back into this new theme due to limitations of our forum hosting company.
Maybe the "View new posts" button is an alternative? Is seems to give more or less the same result.
10 posts Page 1 of 1