A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
99 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mr Tuborg wrote: Does anyone remember if the big washout in 2007 was forecast in any way or did it come as a total surprise.

Two of us came late that year, on Wednesday afternoon, knowing that it was not going to be a sunny festival, we had raincoats/pants/wellies, and it started to rain badly before we found our camp. For some reason nobody answered our phone-calls, so we put up that extra tent I brought with me in those days. It was our first year in J. High up in the back part, the middle section was already a pool as I remember. And from then on it just got worse.
We all see it as a kind of survival, and it was also a lot of fun, Roskilde spirit, and some of us remembered `91; almost as bad.
What is up with the forecasts, both yr and dmi has really taken a turn towards the worse...
Sjabba212 wrote: What is up with the forecasts, both yr and dmi has really taken a turn towards the worse...

Thing the weater is unstable atm. DMI and YR is chancing the forcasts for Copenhagen every day atm - is check out a lot for Copenhell and it is new every day
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Sjabba212 wrote: What is up with the forecasts, both yr and dmi has really taken a turn towards the worse...

Thing the weater is unstable atm. DMI and YR is chancing the forcasts for Copenhagen every day atm - is check out a lot for Copenhell and it is new every day

Lets hope it is just temporary then :D The Wednesday is looking worst atm and that day there is really only one concert I do not want to miss. And since it is in Arena, the weather will not cause a major problem (trying to find the positives ;) )
Sjabba212 wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Lets hope it is just temporary then :D The Wednesday is looking worst atm and that day there is really only one concert I do not want to miss. And since it is in Arena, the weather will not cause a major problem (trying to find the positives ;) )

I got some shows I must see Wednesday but non on Orange (or Apollo, but do that count? ;-) ) so a bit of rain that day I will live with

It doesn't look good at all :bang:
gixbit1 wrote:

It doesn't look good at all :bang:

Easy now Gixbit1, it will change.

We're gonna have nice weather during Roskilde, I ordered it long time ago.

Note to myself: remember to use leather treatment on your good old milli boots, and do it tonight :oops:
It looks a bit better now on yr.no. Really can´t say anything even when we are pretty close to the festival, but what´s positive is that there shouldn´t be any rain during the queueing and the pithching of the tents. So maybe no puddles on the grounds then..
Im currently cecking different kinds of weather aps, several times daily, and it changes all the time...

But as I recall - Not a single year of my times at Roskilde, the forecast has been good.
However, I don't think that I have experienced a bad year (weatherwise yet) Some semi rainy days? Yes... But not enough to ruin the camp/tents or most important :The mood .

So let's just hope for the best :D :D :D
AmalieLeonora wrote: Im currently cecking different kinds of weather aps, several times daily, and it changes all the time...

But as I recall - Not a single year of my times at Roskilde, the forecast has been good.
However, I don't think that I have experienced a bad year (weatherwise yet) Some semi rainy days? Yes... But not enough to ruin the camp/tents or most important :The mood .

So let's just hope for the best :D :D :D

You are right. The years 2012 - 2016 has been pretty good in terms of rain.

2012: 7,9 mm. Average temp: 17,5
2013: 0,1 mm. Average temp: 16,2
2014: 0,4 mm. Average temp: 18,8
2015: 0 mm. Average temp: 18,7
2016: 15.3 mm. Average temp: 16,1
Partly clouded, a few light showers in the early hours, warm evenings, 20-22 degrees and no wind, thank you.
Looks good so far. A little rain here and there doesn't bother me too much. Helps keep the dust from getting too bad. Also, it certainly will rain more at home(western Norway) anyway. We managed to have a fantastic time in 2007, and we can do it again.
Relax guys, I read somewhere that it has to rain more than 10 mm before it turns to mud and its currently looks to be around 5 mm when its worst.
Vejr.tv2.dk says 12mm. the 28. og June. But that will be changed, hopefully
Here is one for you danish-speaking fellas:
https://www.b.dk/kultur/dmi-der-er-risi ... egner-vaek

The last ten years (exept for last year), I've been staying on a nice, drained fottball-field (volunteers-camp). Even in 07 it was just kinda moist in there.

This year it is J once more. Does anyone know which parts of that site are the highest/driest?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
99 posts Page 5 of 7