Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
78 posts Page 3 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
jacjens wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: As far as I know, The XX are actually headlining both Primavera, NOS Alive and Pukkelpop. Probably others, too.

Headliners at NOS are Foo, The Weeknd and Depeche Mode. But okay, yeah Primavera and Pukkelpop they are headlining. Still, when you look at those two line ups, the general music profile is alternative and obscure genre and that justifies their headline slot more to me. If they should play at Northside they'd probably be a fair headliner there too.

Well if you look from Nos Alive's front page, there you can see that The xx is headlining. They are in same level as The Weeknd and same font size. Also same font size as Foo Fighter and Depeche Mode, but like others said earlier irrelevant, because other big festivals doesn't have 9 headliners as in Roskilde.
jacjens wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: As far as I know, The XX are actually headlining both Primavera, NOS Alive and Pukkelpop. Probably others, too.

Headliners at NOS are Foo, The Weeknd and Depeche Mode. But okay, yeah Primavera and Pukkelpop they are headlining. Still, when you look at those two line ups, the general music profile is alternative and obscure genre and that justifies their headline slot more to me. If they should play at Northside they'd probably be a fair headliner there too.

Nope, they're also headlining at NOS Alive. Look at the lettering on the website, they're billed just as large as FF, Weeknd, and Depeche Mode and in the same tier.

They're also headlining at Lowlands, Flow Festival, Way Out West, Øyafestivalen, Lollapalooza, Fuji Rock, Open'er, Splendour in the Grass, Rock en Seine, Electric Picnic, Bestival – basically almost every other festival.
Today's release was ok. Two must see's and for example The Avalanches, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Future Islands, Royal Blood, Slowdive, Nicolas Jaar, Baby Woodrose and Karen Elson to other categories.
Release would have been great for me, if for example Michael Kiwanuka or Fleet Foxes would have been released. I was suprised that Kiwanuka wasn't booked, because he released last year highly acclaimed album and is touring around Roskilde with free dates.
Yes yes yes, I see that they're listed in the same font size, on the same line and all that. And I am familiar with Roskilde using the term headliner on more acts than other festivals - after all to a misleading degree in my opinion. Look at Bryson Tiller on today's poster - come on, don't say he's a headliner too.

In the case of Roskilde I think the broad understanding of a headliner is the four, maybe five biggest/most appealing acts, which are spread over the days. As said, I see three headliners this year: Foo, Weeknd and Arcade Fire. There's a big gap down to the next ones.
Xx, Jesus & Mary Chain and Slowdive are all really solid bookings. Glad so far.

I looked further down and found this:

Julia Jacklin. Did you like Courtney Barnett last year? Go to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3duL1JEQbo4

Idles. Some britisk post punk with rap-ish vocals. Pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oxqf_15k0w

Pardans: Crazy punk from copenhagen. Iceage-ish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBe1G0fd2Cc

Author & Punisher. One man doom metal on homemade instruments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlRe9OTjzY&t=45s

Think it looks really good this year. Except thursday at Orange..
Very happy with today's announcement, and the lineup in general. Seen The xx twice, and both concerts have been more than excellent. Only Biffy Clyro and Ghost is having that kind of trackrecord with me. A giant must!

Future Islands and Royal Blood are musts for me as well. Have very fond memories of FI's last show at Roskilde, and RB killed it when I saw them in Vega.

A third show with Anthrax could be pretty cool, but my saturday looks packed already. Have to see Seun Kuti with Mos Def, and I can't think of a better way to have my first Savage Rose concert than Orange stage. And whatever Lorenzo Woodrose is cooking, I'm with!

And now I finally have an excuse to have a deeper look at Slowdive, The Avanlanches, TJ&MC and '68.

And lastly I recommend checking out Irah in the warmup days. Seen them twice, and the last time was very good!
jacjens wrote: Yes yes yes, I see that they're listed in the same font size, on the same line and all that. And I am familiar with Roskilde using the term headliner on more acts than other festivals - after all to a misleading degree in my opinion. Look at Bryson Tiller on today's poster - come on, don't say he's a headliner too.

In the case of Roskilde I think the broad understanding of a headliner is the four, maybe five biggest/most appealing acts, which are spread over the days. As said, I see three headliners this year: Foo, Weeknd and Arcade Fire. There's a big gap down to the next ones.

Sound like your living in a world of your own, hard to debat when you wont accept the fact that the rest of us is talking from
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
jacjens wrote: Yes yes yes, I see that they're listed in the same font size, on the same line and all that. And I am familiar with Roskilde using the term headliner on more acts than other festivals - after all to a misleading degree in my opinion. Look at Bryson Tiller on today's poster - come on, don't say he's a headliner too.

Sound like your living in a world of your own, hard to debat when you wont accept the fact that the rest of us is talking from

I think jacjens may be referring to the day-to-day poster, which indeed only lists two different font sizes for the music days, whereas the 'normal' poster on their website has three different sizes.
To me it matters which bands are PLAYING at the festival, not which bands are HEADLINING...
Less talk about technicalities, more talk about the actual bands, performances and music, thanks :)
BigL wrote: To me it matters which bands are PLAYING at the festival, not which bands are HEADLINING...
Less talk about technicalities, more talk about the actual bands, performances and music, thanks :)

Amen.
I´m starting to like this Aaron Lee Tasjan-guy. The video on Roskilde´s webpage doesn´t do him justice. Better (live)-videos foud on Youtube.

Alex Cameron might be disturbed enough so that it would be entertaining. Might check that out too.

Alsarah & the Nubatones sounds great. Great act for world music fans.

Author & Punisher for something special.

Idles and Shame for punkish-rock. A genre which is greatly represented this year with Show Me The Body and Priests already on the poster. Four good bands there.

Księżyc is something that might be completely rubbish or just amazing.

La Mambanegra and Residente for those great Roskilde parties with attitude.

I already knew Noname and she was one of my biggest wishes on the poster. Glad she´s playing.

And lots more...

I´m happy with the announcement. I got lots more than 10 bands on my lists. (10 was the amount I was hoping for.) Any idea when the schedule will be released?
Wallu wrote: I´m happy with the announcement. I got lots more than 10 bands on my lists. (10 was the amount I was hoping for.) Any idea when the schedule will be released?

I'm pretty sure I read "later this month" in either the Gaffa or Soundvenue interview
The last few years (post Rikke Øxner) they have released the schedule around the end of April/start of May.
Nice, but hard job ahead.

I have found 45 acts, which are interesting.

10-15 of these, I need to spend more time to listen to.

I predict some problems in reaching all concerts :-(
I think I´ll end up somewhere near 60 acts on my lists, so the schedule announcement day will be hell as always.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
78 posts Page 3 of 6