Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
For me it's a bit like for BigL - my friends had been to the festival in the years from 92 to 96 and in 1997 I finally went along. It was an awfully rainy RF that year, my tent collapsed on friday night and everything was wet - but I had the time of my life and just had to come back.

Talking about rain: 2007 was a bit wet, too, so what will 2017 bring? Guess that's to go into another topic?
stevomatic wrote: Talking about rain: 2007 was a bit wet, too, so what will 2017 bring? Guess that's to go into another topic?

Already is being discussion in the weather thread =)
It's amazing to read how many of us attended for the first time just to give it a try, had the time of their life, and then just returned year after year !
I really wanted to see Pearl Jam in 1992 after the release of the "Ten" album in '91 and Roskilde was quite close to where I lived in Sweden at the time. It just happened to be such a great festival and I have returned every year since then, celebrating my 25th Roskilde festival last year.
Of course I'll be there this year as well! Just have to find a new camp (for the third time) since my friends decided to stop going to festival (families etc.).
Talked about going in 2000 but went for an other festival instead. Really glad all concidering how 2000 played out with the weather and accident and so on. So in 2001 i was thinking of going but again i decided for an other festival. Then a buddy called me up 9 in the morning one day. They had a free seat in the car and an hour later i was on my way. Never looked back :). Gone to quite a few other festivals as well but roskilde has the best spirit, together with hultsfred festival when it was still alive and kicking.
Nowadays I usually only manage to get in a day or two of roskilde a year, but i still love it. It's like time stands still, in a good way. Its not like it's real until i see some part of orange stage, but at that moment I am "home".Usually take some minutes after i've arrived at the festival just absorbing everything thay is roskilde, paying my respects to the 9 and so on.
20 posts Page 2 of 2