Present your camp or share camp experiences.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I just noticed the Silent & Clean pre-booking add-on ticket price has increased from 40 DKK last year to 100 DKK in 2017.
Last year there was no additional service at S&C so I guess the 40 DKK was just an administrative fee (although the waiting area ticket, that you also needed is / was only 10 DKK but is now included in the S&C pre-booking ticket).

Now the ticket website mentions this:

WHAT KIND OF SERVICES CAN YOU EXPECT?

In 2017 we've upped the level of service available to you at our Special Camping areas. In Silent & Clean that means:

You can book your access in advance to make sure you have a spot in the popular area
There will be more toilets and showers available
There will be a cloakroom including free mobile charging
We make sure that you will get access to the area before everyone else and make sure that there is a space for your tent when you arrive.

So are the additional 50 DKK going towards extra toilets and, hopefully, showers?
It all goes to booking Popcaan.
B. wrote: So are the additional 50 DKK going towards extra toilets and, hopefully, showers?

Well, I decided to email the Roskilde organisation and they confirmed that there will be showers and 'real' (I assume flush as opposed to chemical / Dixi) toilets at S&C this year :love:
I have a question about S&C:

After the Clean Out Loud-decline my camp and I are looking for a new area. How "silent" is there at S&C? Are you allowed to party at all? I mean.. I like to listen to some good music (not Emil Stabil or other shitty stuff) throughout the day and night in the warm up. But how strict is it in S&C?

The Clean-part i get. Like to keep my area clean, and leave it (almost) as i entered it.
There are no camps with big sound systems there (I don't know if they are simply not allowed, but there are none to be found).
Last year we had a Soundboks and that was no problem (during the day).
After 22:00 no music of any kind is allowed, not even soft singing with an acoustic guitar (although that may vary depending on the guards at duty).
As far as I have experienced you are still allowed to party at your camp at night, but without any music, as long as you don't go overboard with the noise.
We've been there a couple of times. nice place to be. At daytime there's music played in many camps, not always at low volumes. but usuallay quiet at night, so you can sleep. If you choose to.
And you don't have that wasteland situation like in many other areas.

BTW: Question to other, well, medium-old Roskilde-Fans: If I remember correctly, S+C has about the character of most normal camping areas back in the 90s ... what do you think, is that right?

cheers!

---
Axel wrote: We've been there a couple of times. nice place to be. At daytime there's music played in many camps, not always at low volumes. but usuallay quiet at night, so you can sleep. If you choose to.
And you don't have that wasteland situation like in many other areas.

BTW: Question to other, well, medium-old Roskilde-Fans: If I remember correctly, S+C has about the character of most normal camping areas back in the 90s ... what do you think, is that right?

cheers!

---

Haven't been in S&C recently, but I distinctly remember that in 99, 00 and 01, when I first went to Roskilde, the worst camping areas were more or less just as messy as the ones these years. I don't think that the problem has escalated much. Most of that conception, I believe, is due to nostalgia-tinted glasses. I think, however, that the mess was very much concentrated in camping East. Due to the gravel pit, it has wandered to the C area as well, making that area a mayhem zone as well.

Oddly enough the very rainy years seems "cleaner" in my remembrance, because from what I gather, the cleanup expenses were through the roof in '07, resulting in the festival's first deficit in years. Maybe the mud just camouflaged it all.
7 posts Page 1 of 1