A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Wallu wrote: Easiest way to save is to skip beer. :D
Buy cheap alcohol at the supermarket, then you can get drunk easily for less than 100kr daily.

Before you buy food at the shops, dont look at the menus and the photos of the food, look at the food people around are eating, then decide if its worth your money...
I think it's important to keep in mind that an hour of awake RF-festivaltime has to be considered to be of high value. If in any way possible not too much of this precious good should be wasted on the task of procuring food and drink.

But without the energy and the buzz from food and drink the festival can't be enjoyed, of course.

Can collecting should thus really only be the last option. Cooking large amounts of noodles and rice and bringing stuff from outside the festival grounds - from home - probably is the most advisable means to tackle money issues.
I have seen that this year one can rent a cooled locker, I think the price is roughly 50DKK/day. If a camp share one of these it might help save some on food, as you can store stuff that don't go so well in a tent. I'm thinking like some hot dogs you can grill on the bonfire, or cheese and ham for breakfast sandwiches. I'm not on a strict budget, but I'm getting one anyways so I can have breakfast without standing in line.
jonasporsborg wrote: 3. Bought beer-vouchers before the festival. Saves you a bit, but this year beer will be a lot cheaper.

The cheap beer is only if you buy beer vouchers before the festival.
Are you sure, I had the idea that it was also onsite but that the discount was bigger when prebooking.
Its 35% off last years price on pre-sale and 23% off on site . I think the Tuborg brewed in Denmark tastes better than the Tuborg brewed under licence here in Ireland, I will have to bring a few cans up with me this year so they can be tested in a atmospheric environment :D ..
22 posts Page 2 of 2