We know you love to talk about music. This category is for all non Roskilde festival related music talk.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Roskilde Festival all years since 1999.
Northside since 2012.
Smukfest 3 times. Once for the whole festival and twice on a one-day ticket (all three times mostly to see Beck)
Alive Festival a bunch of times.
SPOT Festival a bunch of times.
Aarhus Festuge four times (I work there).
Pop Revo three or four years. Can't remember.
Le Guess Who? twice.
Beatday twice
Newbees Festival twice
Copenhagen Psych Fest
Way Out West
Grimfest
Haze over Haarum
Malmöfestivalen
Grøn Koncert
Northern Winter Beat
Coldblooded wrote: Roskilde Festival all years since 1999.
Northside since 2012.
Smukfest 3 times. Once for the whole festival and twice on a one-day ticket (all three times mostly to see Beck)
Le Guess Who? twice.
Beatday twice
Newbees Festival twice
Copenhagen Psych Fest
Way Out West
Grimfest
Haze over Haarum
Malmöfestivalen
Grøn Koncert
Northern Winter Beat

Any thoughts about Le Guess Who? I was thinking of maybe going if I would somehow get the budget for it?
Wallu wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Roskilde Festival all years since 1999.
Northside since 2012.
Le Guess Who? twice.
Beatday twice
Newbees Festival twice
Copenhagen Psych Fest
Way Out West
Grimfest
Haze over Haarum
Malmöfestivalen
Grøn Koncert
Northern Winter Beat

Any thoughts about Le Guess Who? I was thinking of maybe going if I would somehow get the budget for it?

Le Guess Who? is simply awesome. Really nice venues (especially the motherlode, TivoliVredenburg which serves as the festival's epicenter), cool, super diverse programme every year, too much to see to really be able to catch it all and it's in a great little city – Utrecht. It's cheap as well to go. Well, the early bird tickets are sold out for this year, but provided you book your flight early, ticket early and find somewhere reasonably cheap to sleep ie. via AirBnb or similar, it's not an expensive festival to attend. Also, it's so late in the season so most won't have any problems with overlapping stuff.

The only thing I can think of is, I sometimes wish the concerts begun earlier in the day. It's not until the evening that the festival really begins, which prompts you to explore Utrecht in the day instead. That way you can easily end up being exhausted from mucking around all over the city during the day. My advice is to take a solid afternoon nap.
Just going to stick to international festivals.
Wacken, Germany x 5
Sweden Rock x 1
Gods of Metal Italy x1
Sziget Hungary x1
Roskilde x6
This will be my 15th roskilde. Missed 2013 and 2014.
6 x quart festival
3 or 4 x øya festival
1 x sweden rock
2 x hultsfred
1 x pink pop
1 x rock the bells
3 x leeds festival
A bunch of other smaller festivals i dont remember

Hultsfred was a great festival. Too bad its gone.
Leeds/reading festival: same bands alternate the festivals through the weekend. Usually "more bands for your money" if you like the rock/punk/metal scene.
Rock the bells is/was a hip hop festival in the US. Went for the RATM reunion but also caught a bunch of great rap acts like wu-tang, living legends, cypress hill, the roots, public enemy, pharoaehe monch, jedi mind tricks, rahzel, erykah badu, sage francis, grouch & eligh
20 posts Page 2 of 2