Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
28 posts Page 1 of 2
On Facebook Roskilde Festival promised more metal. They also previously mentioned a subheadliner missing. My guess is Mastodon. Being Roskilde regulars with a new album out and playing in Germany 28th of June and Sweden 30th of June, Denmark (and Roskilde) fits perfectly in between.

Any other guesses?
Urgh, really hope it's Mastodon!
Also, I'm thinking Kamasi Washington might be booked. Really hyped modern jazz musician playing Europe during Roskilde. Previously played Denmark, ought to visit Roskilde. Also, still hoping for Fleet Foxes
Im really hoping for Bon Iver, fearing Coldplay :/
Mastodon is a very good guess.

Bon Iver would surely be headlining and therefore not very realistic.

I have been thinking Mew all day. They headlined last time but may have been relegated to subliner. New album and a classic Roskilde band.
In other threads, people have been suggesting Kasabian as a late addition to the poster, are they a possibility (last time,they played my best concert at the festival)?
Christian Forslund wrote: In other threads, people have been suggesting Kasabian as a late addition to the poster, are they a possibility (last time,they played my best concert at the festival)?

Yes please! At least they are on tour and have available dates during the festival, so one can hope. Orange looking very weak at the thursday, so maybe they can fill a spot there.
I don´t think we´ll get lots of subliners, but Mastodon seems an obvious bet. Hoping for Kamasi Washington.
Wallu wrote: I don´t think we´ll get lots of subliners, but Mastodon seems an obvious bet. Hoping for Kamasi Washington.

I've seen Kamasi Washington live, and even though I liked it, I do not think it is something for the Roskilde Bookers. It is way too close to a "normal" Jazz concert. I would like the booking, but my bet is on maybe one band we know (Mastodon or maybe Kasabian or something else) and then some small unknown stuff.
Did they mention a time for the release, 8:00, 12:00?
I think that Mastodon is the best guess. Danish music magasin Gaffa had this review of Emperor of Sand yesterday which seems strange because it was released almost a month ago.
http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/116772/kejse ... metalband/
Gaffa, and especially Keld Rud, are very slow with their album reviews except if it's high seliing mainstream pop/rock/hip hop. I remember once reading a review of an album by an indie band thinking "this sounds like something for me". However when I listened to the album, I realized I already heard it more than a year ago...
Hope to see some bands from SXSW, which Anders Wahren talked about in a Soundvenue-interview.

A band like Thee Oh Sees would be a really cool booking.
id like to see Laura Marling or something crazy like Die antwoord
phreebusy wrote: id like to see Laura Marling or something crazy like Die antwoord

Die Antwoord plys Tinderbox, so I don't give them many chances on Roskilde.

But yes, last time they were a party.
Somone in the forum suggested King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
They have a new album out before roskilde, and they play in france the 22 juni. After that show there is a whole month without any dates!
28 posts Page 1 of 2