Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
40 posts Page 2 of 3
I like what I´m seeing there, Hands Down. Seems like we´ll be at the same concerts a lot.
Wallu wrote: I like what I´m seeing there, Hands Down. Seems like we´ll be at the same concerts a lot.

Heh, nice, it sure looks like it! I will likely be wearing an orange hoodie (and if I am enjoying myself and/or recently had a smoke: a stupid grin ;))

Although they play an hour into Tribe called quest, do yourself a favor and go check Rompeprayo. They consist of parts of Los Piranas, Ondatropica and Meridian Brothers, and if they follow those traditions, their livesets packs a whole other kind of punch than their studio-stuff. Ive seen them numerous times (the other bands - not Romperayo) and it is always an inexplicably, but truly ass-moving mindfuck.
Yes, as I looked at your program I wondered why I don´t have Romperayo on my list, checked and I left them out because I really want to see Priests and then I thought I´d go for Anthrax after that. Now I´m not that sure anymore. Maybe I´ll try to catch half an hour each...

Did we talk about Meridian Brothers before? I saw them back then and it was one of my favourite gigs in Roskilde ever.
Wallu wrote: Yes, as I looked at your program I wondered why I don´t have Romperayo on my list, checked and I left them out because I really want to see Priests and then I thought I´d go for Anthrax after that. Now I´m not that sure anymore. Maybe I´ll try to catch half an hour each...

Did we talk about Meridian Brothers before? I saw them back then and it was one of my favourite gigs in Roskilde ever.

Oh man, I see your dilemma! I also don't feel good about leaving Quest early (since this is the definite last chance to see them), but upon learning Ebliz Alvarez is also with Romperayo I have been easing into acceptance of only one hour of A Tribe.

And yes, I do believe we've talked Meridian Brothers before (in connection with Los Piranas last year, I believe). That show in '13 really got to me. Few other RF-surprises have had such impact, so now I can't afford to show up late and realize I've missed half of another amazing mindbender. It could also be a tad too weird. I guess it is an acquired taste, so there is no telling...
Right now it looks something like this. Probably and hopefully i will find some more interesting electronica and world music among this years line up. The programme on orange is really nothing for me this year. But luckily there are 5 other stages :D

Tuesday

Guns n Roses - They were super bad when they played Roskilde in 2006 but Axl was back in great form when he fronted AC/DC last year. And from the clips i've seen i think this gonna be a great start for me and my friends Roskilde week.

Wednesday

17.15 Young M.A.
18.15 Idles
20.00 Madame Gandhi
22.00 The Weeknd
23.00 Bonobo

Thursday

12.30 Lorenzo Woodrose
15.00 Popcaan
16.00 Future Islands
17.00 Margo Price
23.00 Jah 9
00.30 Nicolas Jaar (the rest of the night is among the worst clashes for all my years at Roskilde. Depends on mood where i will end up)
01.00 High On Fire
01.30 Nas
02.00 Jesus and Mary Chain
02.15 Princess Nokia

Friday

14.15 Karen Elson
16.00 Tinashe
17.00 Angel Olsen
19.00 Father John Misty
20.30 Botany
22.15 Basokin
23.30 Lorde
00.15 Wiki
02.15 Moon Duo

Saturday

15.00 Slowdive
16.15 Full Of Hell
18.30 Janka Nabay and The Bubu Gang
19.15 Neurosis
21.00 Anthrax
22.30 Mr Peter Hayden Band (sad for the clash with Baby Woodrose)
23.00 Baby Woodrose
01.15 Atomikylä
As always, I have listened to all the bands. Some of them have been ruled out in less than 10 seconds, while others have blown me away.

Normally I have a schedule of 30-40 “must see” acts + 10-20 “might see”. I have been running from scene to scene, sometimes it has left me with a half concert, because I had to get the next one.

This year I think I will try something I have never done before.

I will take it is as it comes, follow my inner feelings. Give myself time to enjoy, and stay in moment.

I don’t know if I will be able to do so, but I will try

What to win? Hopefully some good and long concert experiences.

What to loose? In this way I will loose some of the concerts I thought I would attend. And have to live with that afterwards ☹.

The bands below, I won’t miss (hopefully).
Anthrax
The Jesus And Mary Chain
Neurosis
The Savage Rose
Kellermensch
Pert Near Sandstone
Pig Destroyer
Redfang
The tactic that you don´t decide too much which bands to see beforehand was quite good in my early Roskilde-years, when internet wasn´t such a big thing yet. Saw a lot of good stuff that I wouldn´t have if I would have sticked to the bands I already knew.

As for now, I go through all the bands beforehand and I have a minute-by-minute schedule and not so much room for surprises. Still I miss lots of good concerts every year because it´s impossible to know in advance where to be at each given moment.
HandsDown wrote:
Wallu wrote: Yes, as I looked at your program I wondered why I don´t have Romperayo on my list, checked and I left them out because I really want to see Priests and then I thought I´d go for Anthrax after that. Now I´m not that sure anymore. Maybe I´ll try to catch half an hour each...

Oh man, I see your dilemma! I also don't feel good about leaving Quest early (since this is the definite last chance to see them), but upon learning Ebliz Alvarez is also with Romperayo I have been easing into acceptance of only one hour of A Tribe.

And yes, I do believe we've talked Meridian Brothers before (in connection with Los Piranas last year, I believe). That show in '13 really got to me. Few other RF-surprises have had such impact, so now I can't afford to show up late and realize I've missed half of another amazing mindbender. It could also be a tad too weird. I guess it is an acquired taste, so there is no telling...

The weirdness is just a positive thing... :) If A Tribe Called Quest doesn´t have a live band, I think 45 minutes to 1 hour will be enough of that for me... (well I really can´t tell beforehand)
ppholst wrote: Normally I have a schedule of 30-40 “must see” acts + 10-20 “might see”. I have been running from scene to scene, sometimes it has left me with a half concert, because I had to get the next one.

I will take it is as it comes, follow my inner feelings. Give myself time to enjoy, and stay in moment

While we always have and still make a schedule, a few years ago we decided to no longer run from concert to concert, listening 20min here, 30min there etc. but instead try to catch full concerts only. Unless the band is a great disappointment live, the sound is extremely bad / loud or something similar, we allow ourselves to leave the concert and go somewhere else.
B. wrote:
ppholst wrote: Normally I have a schedule of 30-40 “must see” acts + 10-20 “might see”. I have been running from scene to scene, sometimes it has left me with a half concert, because I had to get the next one.

I will take it is as it comes, follow my inner feelings. Give myself time to enjoy, and stay in moment

While we always have and still make a schedule, a few years ago we decided to no longer run from concert to concert, listening 20min here, 30min there etc. but instead try to catch full concerts only. Unless the band is a great disappointment live, the sound is extremely bad / loud or something similar, we allow ourselves to leave the concert and go somewhere else.

Same here. Watching 20-30 minutes just isn't enough to get fully into the act if they're scheduled for 60-90 minutes. Rather get one full experience than several smaller ones, I'd say.

Fx this year: I really want to watch Neurosis and ATQC, but they're pretty much at the same time. But I'd rather watch the entire Tribe set than half/half. If I'm Lucky, I can catch 10-15 minutes of Neurosis to get a taste of it, but I want to make the Tribe set in time to get the full feeling. Otherwise, I'll have two half-immersed experiences instead of 1 whole (+ one quarter, I suppose), which tbh is a lot better, imo.
Does anyone have an idea why BCUC isn't listed in the schedule anymore and is also inactive on the poster?
Will they be playing after all? :?:
stevomatic wrote: Does anyone have an idea why BCUC isn't listed in the schedule anymore and is also inactive on the poster?

Oh, I didn´t notice that at all when I was making my schedule. Seems like they won´t be coming. Shame.
Wallu wrote:
stevomatic wrote: Does anyone have an idea why BCUC isn't listed in the schedule anymore and is also inactive on the poster?

Oh, I didn´t notice that at all when I was making my schedule. Seems like they won´t be coming. Shame.

Guys what are you talking about? They are on the poster and are still on the schedule 00.15 Friday at Gloria?
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote:

Guys what are you talking about? They are on the poster and are still on the schedule 00.15 Friday at Gloria?

If you press there name on the line up page you go to the frontpage and. They are only on the schedule if you press download. If you just look they are not on the website.
But I will msg the webmaster now
It have been fixede now, it where just a human error. They are playing and all works on the webpage now
40 posts Page 2 of 3