Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
39 posts Page 3 of 3
Thanx Martin!
Tuesday
GNR in Parken :)

Wednesday
23:00 - Blink 182
End of Rag'N Bone man
01:00 - Justice

Thursday
16:00 - Future Islands
Some Savage Rose
19:00 Royal Blood
21:30 - Erasure
00:30 - Nicolas Jaar for app on hour
01:30 - NAS

Friday
16:00 - Seun Kuti
19:00 - Against Me! (maybe try to catch some of Father John Misty)
22:00 - Foo Fighters
02:15 - Moon Duo if awake

Saturday
12:15 - Pig Destroyer
14:15 - Aaron Lee Tasjan
16:00 - Lumineers
19:30 - Tribe Called Quest
22:00 - Arcade Fire
Since the Saturday schedule has been rescheduled my Saturday now looks like this.

My first 2 names starts 30 minutes earlier so thats a good thing and Ice Cube replacing ATCQ is also to my liking :-)

Saturday

12:30 - Avalon - The Rumour Said Fire
14:30 - Avalon - Slowdive
(15:00 - Apollo - Bjarki)
16:00 - Orange - The Lumineers
18:30 - Arena - Halsey
19:30 - Orange - Ice Cube
20:30 - Gloria - Romperayo
22:00 - Orange - Arcade Fire
23:30 - Arena - Residente
00:30 - Orange - Moderat/Modeselektor
The Savage Rose are playing 16:00, but in my calender they are set to 17:00. Does anybode know why they moved them?
Helbob wrote: The Savage Rose are playing 16:00, but in my calender they are set to 17:00. Does anybode know why they moved them?

This was part of the Ice Cube/Digable Planets announcement. A few bands moved time slot, but the most of the messing around was confined to the Saturday schedule due to the hip hop switcheroo, so this change probably went unnoticed by most.

A good guess is that they wanted to give Savage Rose more time to play. The previous timeslot would only have allowed for a 1+ hour show before having to leave the stage to give space to Royal Blood. The 16.00 timeslot allows for a drastically longer show, which seems plausible since it's the band's 50th anniversary.
Coldblooded wrote:
Helbob wrote: The Savage Rose are playing 16:00, but in my calender they are set to 17:00. Does anybode know why they moved them?

This was part of the Ice Cube/Digable Planets announcement. A few bands moved time slot, but the most of the messing around was confined to the Saturday schedule due to the hip hop switcheroo, so this change probably went unnoticed by most.

A good guess is that they wanted to give Savage Rose more time to play. The previous timeslot would only have allowed for a 1+ hour show before having to leave the stage to give space to Royal Blood. The 16.00 timeslot allows for a drastically longer show, which seems plausible since it's the band's 50th anniversary.

Seems pretty reasonable, but that is just a huge conflict for me with Future Islands. Dammit!
Helbob wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

Seems pretty reasonable, but that is just a huge conflict for me with Future Islands. Dammit!

If you are based in Denmark, there is ample opportunity to see both later in the year. Future Islands are playing in Tap1 in November, and Savage Rose are playing several concerts and festival throughout late summmer and autumn. Just decide for yourself which of the two would work better in a club venue and buy tickets for that instead of lamenting too much about missing out on them at Roskilde :-)
If you haven't noticed, today's announcement of the East stage has brought a few changes along in the main programme as well. Most notably, on the Avalon stage Saturday, Digable Planets and Slowdive has switched slots and a few of the later concerts are pushed later into the evening and night.
Damn, now Slowdive has a horrible clash with Janka Nabay and the Bubu Gang :(

My saturday was so nicely arranged before, with Slowdive in the afternoon and then a string of concerts at Gloria (Black Strings, Janka Nabay, and Romerayo) before heading over to see Arcade Fire.
39 posts Page 3 of 3