Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm late to these guys but glad I gave them a listen I'm really liking their tracks in the Modeselektor catalogue so I'm not sure if they will play from their old stuff, but why are they billed as the two names if they will only play moderat stuff. So if any hardcore fan of theirs can tell me what's their prediction.
phreebusy wrote: I'm late to these guys but glad I gave them a listen I'm really liking their tracks in the Modeselektor catalogue so I'm not sure if they will play from their old stuff, but why are they billed as the two names if they will only play moderat stuff. So if any hardcore fan of theirs can tell me what's their prediction.

It's not a Moderat-only show, hence the two-names billing. They will play Moderat stuff as well as Modeselektor stuff. I predict that they'll begin as Moderat, playing the more somber, moody material and end as Modeselektor with their more rowdy club oriented tracks.
That's great to hear. I been listening to Sucker Pin and Hyper Hyper everyday...love those two. I went to Roskilde on 2007 and Basement Jaxx was the one who closed Orange that year, oh man it's going to be EPIC with moderate/modeselktor this year.
I also think it will be a looong show. Look at the PDF version of the schedule. The timeslots from midnight and onward are merged, usually indicating a marathon set.
As far as I understand it begins with the Moderat show and then Modeselektor. And yes, in the official Roskilde festival page it is said that it's three hours total.

"Moderat .... will keep everybody warm with a slowly-but-steadily climaxing show that sort of paves the way for the dance climax in the company of Modeselektor."
5 posts Page 1 of 1