Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Ice Cube could really swing both ways. If you check Setlist.fm, his latest festival appearances (in 2016) are short sets, dominated by a NWA-medley and amount to 13-14 songs tops INCLUDING that medley, which comprises about one third of such a set. That's really not a long set and this is consistent with the last time he was in Denmark on a festival, which was Smukfest, where he played about 50 minutes (http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/51217).

On the other hand, his club shows at Train in 2011 and Posten and Pumpehuset in 2012 were all very well-received AFAIK. My friend Jon who's a big fan, told me that the 2011 show at Train was well over two hours long.
http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/51217

Digable Planets on the other hand seems to have a completely static 13-song set they play everywhere they go. Which is ok, I guess, I mean, they only have two albums to pick from, and the way their show is almost set in stone also ensures that you get a solid serving. Some of their songs are also super long, when you consider it's hip hop, I mean, half of 'Blowout Comb' is comprised of tracks in the 5 to 7 minute territory.
Am I the only one that finds it a little bit wierd that Ice Cube hasn't announced the Roskilde date on his webside or any social platforms.

I have not even seen a tweet about the gig.

It would be akward for Roskilde if they has announced anything without a 100% confirmation from Ice Cube.
bongo-anders wrote: Am I the only one that finds it a little bit wierd that Ice Cube hasn't announced the Roskilde date on his webside or any social platforms.

It would be akward for Roskilde if they has announced anything without a 100% confirmation from Ice Cube.

I doubt that Roskilde would do that.

Maybe he doesn't see this gig as a concert for his fans, but only a "stand in" gig, which he doesn't need to inform about?
ppholst wrote:
bongo-anders wrote: Am I the only one that finds it a little bit wierd that Ice Cube hasn't announced the Roskilde date on his webside or any social platforms.

I doubt that Roskilde would do that.

Maybe he doesn't see this gig as a concert for his fans, but only a "stand in" gig, which he doesn't need to inform about?

And Roskilde wrote that his is flying out doing a basket show tour he is hosting. If he post the Roskilde gig, ppl in the US would be saying "oh is Ice Cube gone?" he his social medie guy have to do a lot of work. This way Roskilde fans know it, the rest dont, and Cube dont have problems
19 posts Page 2 of 2