Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
A Tribe Called Quest are forced to cancel their show at Roskilde 2017. Instead, legendary rapper Ice Cube steps in. He will play Saturday 1 July. We can also announce Digable Planets who will bring jazzy hip-hop to Roskilde.

The reason for the cancellation is that front man Q-Tip recently had a shoulder injury and needs surgery after which his doctor has ordered him to stay home and rest.
Pretty happy with that to be honest. Never seen Ice Cube before, but one of my favorites.
A Tribe Called Quest > Ice Cube. So I'm pretty disappointed :cry:
Complete disaster for the 2017 lineup :(

The booking of ATCQ was very exclusive and at the same time one of the most up-to-date booking in the entire program after their big success last year.
Ice Cube is probaly the most overbooked big-name rapper in hiphop and he played Denmark so many times (dont get me wrong, he is a good performer and I have seen some legendary shows by him in the 90s), but there is just nothing exclusive or up-to-date about him.
:bang::cry: :bang::cry: :bang: :cry:
a huge fUCK Yeah for me!
would have been great with ATCQ, but ice cube is a bigger name in my book.
never seen him before either. looks like this is gig is a one-off in europe?
What a shame, but you gotta hand it to RF - that is a pretty solid substitute. And it solves my doubt about my Romperayo-clash, so there is that... Digable Planets is also a great addition btw!
HandsDown wrote: What a shame, but you gotta hand it to RF - that is a pretty solid substitute. And it solves my doubt about my Romperayo-clash, so there is that... Digable Planets is also a great addition btw!

Digable Planets sounds really cool. Been listening to it since the announcement while working, super cool vibe.
Just added Digable Planets to my To See list after checking them out , Smooth 8-)
RalaksJJ wrote:
HandsDown wrote: What a shame, but you gotta hand it to RF - that is a pretty solid substitute. And it solves my doubt about my Romperayo-clash, so there is that... Digable Planets is also a great addition btw!

Digable Planets sounds really cool. Been listening to it since the announcement while working, super cool vibe.

Yeah, pretty much got hyped about them before I noticed they will play at the same time as Janka Nabay & the Bubu Gang... African beats wiill win this one..
Im quite happy :)

I dont have a huge relationship to ATCQ`s music compared to Ice Cube..
Also I feared that their show would be kinda like House of Pain last year, where 75% of the crowd was waiting for "jump around"
Such a shame. Would've been a great show, I imagine. But oh well, I'll watch the entirety of Neurosis' set instead, maybe catch 15 minutes of Ice Cube first.

Btw everyone: Saturday schedule has changed. Many bands are moved 30 minutes or so. Fx Slowdive and Neurosis.
This has got to be one of the best received replacements at Roskilde in a while, judging by the reactions on social media. I guess the younger hiphop fans and the suspekt segment can identify with Ice Cube much better than ATCQ. But judging by the available setlist of his performances over the last year, we are in for a short mediocre treat of his latest greatest hits filled up with a NWA medley. So Saturday night just went from potentially legendary with ATCQ to standard rap show with Cube :bang:
BigL wrote: This has got to be one of the best received replacements at Roskilde in a while, judging by the reactions on social media. I guess the younger hiphop fans and the suspekt segment can identify with Ice Cube much better than ATCQ. But judging by the available setlist of his performances over the last year, we are in for a short mediocre treat of his latest greatest hits filled up with a NWA medley. So Saturday night just went from potentially legendary with ATCQ to standard rap show with Cube :bang:

Sure I wanted ATCQ more, but what I want from Cube it his hits and sure as hell NWA stuff, with out NWA stuff it would have been midio, but the NWA stuff can put the party at the next level
ice cube has a lot of solid stuff.
check out his Woodstock 99 live album. really looking forward to his set.
don't think he'll walk off after just an hour, Roskilde probably has a minimum slot for his concert.
or have they loosened up? i remember cerebral ballzy playing a couple of years ago at the pavilion.
they only had like one album With 40 mins of songs on it and left the stage after they played all their songs.
then they were ushered back to stage because they were told they had to play the whole 1 hour slot, so they played 3-4 songs again.
(hed) wrote: ice cube has a lot of solid stuff.
check out his Woodstock 99 live album. really looking forward to his set.
don't think he'll walk off after just an hour, Roskilde probably has a minimum slot for his concert.
or have they loosened up? i remember cerebral ballzy playing a couple of years ago at the pavilion.
they only had like one album With 40 mins of songs on it and left the stage after they played all their songs.
then they were ushered back to stage because they were told they had to play the whole 1 hour slot, so they played 3-4 songs again.

Guess it depentes of what the contracts says. And I am sure Cubes ppl is more in to reading it and makeing sure he gets what he want then cerebral ballzy
16 posts Page 1 of 2